PDA

View Full Version : My friend Rita lost her beloved Spitz

Jacqueline
06-11-2010, 10:47 PM
She called today to tell me she had to put her beloved Harley down. This was another one of her 6 pack, as we all called them, to leave her behind. She is now down to just the one little girl. Rita has raised and loved these babies as if she gave birth to them, and I know it rips her heart out. She had Harley helped across the bridge after she would neither eat or drink for four days, and she knew there was just nothing else that could be done for her.

She has always taken the best possible care of the 6 pack, and has put their needs before hers. She cooks for them, sees to it that they always have vet care, no matter what the cost to her. And now, she is lost.

She asked me to please help her adopt and give a good home to at least one more little Spitz needing a loving home. Her last girl needs a playmate, and Rita needs to have another (at least one) to shower with the immense amount of love and care she has to give. She lives in Knoxville, Tn. I have sent her links to Petfinder, told her to avoid Craigslist like poison, and looked at the local shelters there. Let me know if anyone can help her. She does not have a fenced in yard at her current house, but her babies have never been turned outside to run loose, and she walks them every day.

I have personally been with her and her babies, and there were never any dogs that were (and still are, even the ones who have gone to the bridge) than hers.

LUVMYGUNNER
06-12-2010, 12:02 AM
So sorry to hear this rest in peace Harley.

Patt
06-12-2010, 12:21 AM
I am so sorry. Sending sincere condolences for your friend Rita. I will light a :candle3: for Harley's journey to the bridge.

oceangirls
06-12-2010, 09:41 AM
It's always too soon to lose a dog :(. So sorry for Rita. :candle: for Harley.

Is there a Spitz Rescue that could help her find a new little one for her family?

vferraro99
06-12-2010, 09:43 AM
I'm so sorry... a candle will be lit for Harley tonight.

lotsadox
06-12-2010, 10:35 AM
:candle4:

LexieLuvr
06-12-2010, 04:52 PM
Please send your friend my deepest sympathies. I know how she feels. :hug99:

Jacqueline
06-12-2010, 10:08 PM
I sent her some links to the Spitz rescues I found close to her, and to the shelters in that area. Also to Petfinder, and warned her about petfinders and Craigslist. I have also put the word out in general that she needs new babies. And she is a great dog mom.

Mama S.
06-20-2010, 09:20 PM
:sosad: but an honorable memorial for her baby to want to help another in rescue!:hug99: to her on her loss.