PDA

View Full Version : Laura's book

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 03:06 PM
SUCKS..........
It is not nearly long enough!!!!!! I swear I have not laughed so hard in a very long time!:rotfl: :rotfl: PLEASE Laura - write another one - this time make it oh encyclopedia long! I read a lot. REALLY A LOT. It's been a very long time since I read something cover to cover desperately holding my sides as I tried to keep the book open! Your descriptions of the dogs are so right dead on! My brother has always had labs so I can see Clark and the psychic! Oh everyone has got to read it! I know that we really aren't supposed to promote things here but I just cannot hold back!
Only bad thing about this book is that it wasn't nearly long enough!! THere is not a doubt in my mind that she is owned by dachshunds - even a marble one!!
:appl: :appl: :appl: - you got what it takes!
Sandi

Jen
03-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Sounds like a great read!!! Reading a book at one sitting--that says really good things about it!

Bella's Mom
03-10-2006, 03:25 PM
Now I'm really thinking I gotta get this book!

laura
03-10-2006, 04:07 PM
I'M BLUSHING!!

Thank you sooooo much for the kind words! Your reaction to the book was THE REASON that I took a year to write it, hired an editor, hired an illustrator, bought rights to the artwork, hired a layout designer, paid thousands to print 5000 copies, hired a web designer, and hired a PR person to help me promote it to folks like us. While I would like to recoup the money, if I don't it is ok, because the enjoyment others get out of it has been PURE GOLD to me!

THANK YOU!

Laura

Lisa
03-10-2006, 04:10 PM
With Sandi's testament, I just ordered a copy a well. Can't wait!!

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 04:11 PM
I'M BLUSHING!!While I would like to recoup the money, if I don't it is ok, because the enjoyment others get out of it has been PURE GOLD to me!THANK YOU!

Laura
I'm here with a testamonial any time you need it!!
Sandi

laura
03-10-2006, 04:29 PM
I should hire YOU as my PR person! :)

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I should hire YOU as my PR person! :)
heheeh! My sister was in TV for a number of years, sold advertising! I used to write a lot of her copy! I just love telling people about great stuff and your book is GREAT! I fell like a blithering idiot but I can quote sections ! and laugh like a loon!!
Sandi

Michelle
03-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I just mailed off my check to Laura for the book :banana: :banana:
I'm a big reader too!!!!,

OK Laura, You have to write a much longer book very soon, say about
1,000 pages.. That should be good for us :boogie: :boogie:

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM
OK Laura, You have to write a much longer book very soon, say about 1,000 pages.. That should be good for us :boogie: :boogie:
Just let me know when it comes out! I'll be a buyin it!
Sandi

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 04:56 PM
With Sandi's testament, I just ordered a copy a well. Can't wait!!
Be prepared to laugh like crazy and have people looking strangley at you as you stand there going - It's P&P - you'll understand!!
Sandi

laura
03-10-2006, 06:25 PM
color me stupid...what does P&P mean?

Laura

laura
03-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Oh wait...do you mean pee in your pants? LOL! I happen to agree...I was there!

Lisa
03-10-2006, 06:34 PM
Nope not stupid at all, P&P are my dogs, Pogo & Pixel...there are also the 2P's which is Peaches and Piper (Tanya's dogs, and when she adds the lovely hedgehog Prickles it becomes the 3P's) and we need a name for Pippit and Paddington to ID them as well, Maybe the MA P's. :scratch:

We haven't been around that long (only 3 months), we are a small group, so we do sometimes create our own dialect as opposed to being formal, and from what Sandi says you will fit into our crazy (well Doxie crazy) group perfectly.

laura
03-10-2006, 06:45 PM
OOOOOHHHH! I thought she meant P in your Pants! HAHAHA

Love the secret language...LOL!

Lisa
03-25-2006, 01:29 PM
Got my copy of The Dog Dialogues....it is as awesome as Sandi said!! I truly loved it, I don't even know which dialogue was my favorite because I :rotfl: to so many of them. I am torn between The alligator; The log; Herman's worst nightmare comes true and The dog psychic all of those chapters made me laugh out loud. Pogo and Pixel just cocked their head and looked at me like I was totally off my rocker for making so much noise while they were trying to sleep. I know...bad Mommy for reading on their nap time!

Loved it, thank you so much Laura! :appl: :appl: :appl:

laura
03-25-2006, 02:21 PM
so glad that you liked it! Thank you!

Laura

Mama S.
03-25-2006, 04:46 PM
This is one time that I dont think anyone will mind me saying I TOLD YOU SO!!!
Sandi