PDA

View Full Version : Meeting new people - will Tasha finally get socialized?

Jen
03-10-2006, 04:27 PM
Brooklyn is so much friendlier than Manhattan!! Every morning at 7 when I take Tasha for walkies we've found someone (a female over the age of 40) who will stop and pet Tasha. Tasha is still nervous, does her wiggle dance and bounces around, but does get petted. And if its a woman over 60 she often whines for the attention as the loves her a senior lady.

I've been told that the old timers love to sit out on the stoops in the summer so that should really help Tasha meet people. She's so shy, and Rich and I keep to ourselves, so its hard to socialize her. In Hell's Kitchen she'd often approach people wagging and hoping for attention but they were too busy.

So, this should all be good.

On a side note, there are a LOT of dogs in the 'hood and she's getting sniffed more too. She's soooo scared of other dogs, tries to run, if only she'd just stop and let them have a sniff and move on.....She's too nervous to respond to sit or stay commands unfortunately. But maybe she'll get more used to that in time as well.

quavec
03-10-2006, 04:34 PM
I've been told that the old timers love to sit out on the stoops in the summer so that should really help Tasha meet people.
So, this should all be good.

That sounds so awesome! I can picture it in my mind! Tasha probably just needs some time to realize that she is a cutie pie and everyone - including other dogs- wants to make her aquaintance! Those daily walking routines should help her get adjusted to all the new faces and smells. Hopefully soon she will be on the giving end of the butt sniffing!

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 04:45 PM
GLad that everything is going good in the neighborhood! Given time I think our girly will recognize the love in the folks and give herself more easily! I do understand about guys needing to be more social. Mine love each other dearly (most of the time) but as I'm just not home enough and don't have enough energy to try and walk all 8 at one time - ours have been somewhat limited in their being sociliazed properly. THey did fabulously when we took them to Howl O weenie - just wish we had a dog park here!
Must have some photo's of our girl in her new neighborhood!!
Sandi