View Full Version : Just placed an order with Sitstay

Michelle
03-10-2006, 04:46 PM
:boogie: :boogie: I am very excited, I just went onto Sitstay.com and placed and order for a bunch of pizzles, tendons, etc.. all kinds of good stuff
for the girls. This is my first time ordering from them, and I Have heard so
many good things about them that I wanted to try them out.

Do those Icelandic fish skins stink?, I opted not to get them this time. My husband buys this dried stock fish from an African Grocery store and he eats the stuff dried like that and it stinks to high heaven, Actually I make him eat them dry instead of cooking them, cause when he cooks them the entire house smells like dead and decaying fish in an alley and it makes me want
to :vomit:

I think someone on here buys the fish skins from Sitstay??

I am excited about getting the package in the mail, cause the girls will go wild when I let them open it up

Mama S.
03-10-2006, 04:51 PM
eeeehhhhwwwww - Dead fish smell??? Oh no thank you! Will stick with the meatier treats!
Sandi

jennie_c_d
03-10-2006, 04:53 PM
The fish skins have a fishy smell. They don't stink stink, but you do smell them in the room they're being chewed in.

Michelle
03-10-2006, 04:56 PM
The fish skins have a fishy smell. They don't stink stink, but you do smell them in the room they're being chewed in.

Thanks for the info, I think I will have to pass on those, cause even if I can smell them in the room it makes me sick to my stomach, I can't handle that kind of fish smell..

I think I can handle the bull wee wee smell, but not the dead fish,

Maybe cause I am a Pisces,, I have this aversion to dead fish :scratch:

Jen
03-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I hate the smell of fish too, but give Tasha the skins (while holding my breath) she takes it to the other room and eats it, so I really am not too bothered by it.

I have a can of sardines I bought as a treat for her but haven't been brave enough to open it yet....

quavec
03-10-2006, 06:36 PM
I have a can of sardines I bought as a treat for her but haven't been brave enough to open it yet....

Wait until it is cold! Don't open it in warm weather! :shocked:

jennie_c_d
03-10-2006, 07:14 PM
Mine LOVE sardines. I found a brand today (had a COUPON for them!) that doesn't add any salt, or anything else, to theirs. They'll eat them in a few minutes. YUMYUM!

I never could eat fish. It grosses me out. Doggy food smells don't bother me much, any more.... They've got Tilapia (buy one get one free!) and beef for this week's meals, so it's gonna be fishy in here:)

Michelle
03-16-2006, 06:28 PM
I got my order last night,, I am not really to pleased with the size of my treats.. The Achilles Tendons are tiny tiny tiny compared to what I buy at my local place, I think I will stick with my local store, It just seemed like almost nothing for $21.50 and I know when I go to the local place and stock up on my Achilles Tendons, I get big big ones, and I can come home with a lot of stuff for $21.00

So, I'm kind of bummed out by what i got, the dogs don't care, they still love it, but I just don't think I got my moneys worth... :confused: