PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Everyone

doxrox
06-26-2010, 07:01 PM
http://www.bluemelon.com/photo/15852/627015-T400300.jpg

This is last pic I have of me and my Charlie.

Just wanted to thank everyone for the kind posts about Charlie, they really were comforting. I should be able to pick up his ashes on Monday and while I want him back here with me I'm dreading seeing him in a container. I put together a little memory box of his things, harness, leash, collar, a tooth from years ago that I have no idea why I saved, several of his favorite octopus toys and I even still had the very first plush bone toy (de-stuffed of course) that I bought for him before I adopted him.

Still not really sure what happened to him. All his blood work was fine but the vet suspected a stroke. He was pacing in a circle non-stop and would walk into a corner and not be able to get out. He was completely disoriented like he had Alzheimers. Vet gave him some meds and he came back around, was oriented to his routine, meals etc. But then he started vomiting and had diarrhea. Spent the night at the vets, got fluids and meds etc. Brought him home and he wasn't getting better. He looked absolutely wretched and the light was gone from his eyes so I knew it was time.

I like to think he's at the Bridge with hanging with Goosie, the two of them had so many similarities.

Rae
06-26-2010, 07:15 PM
those of us who haven't been there most likely will at some point.

he had a great life, a great Mom, and my heart is breaking for you.

hanging with the GOOSEman is a wonderful way to spend the hereafter.

vferraro99
06-26-2010, 07:15 PM
Your description of Charlie's behavior do point to a stroke. I understand how you feel, having had to help two of my furkids cross to the Bridge in my lifetime. Not an easy task, but a blessing we're able to give to them.

Picking up the ashes will not give you relief, but it should not give you undue grief. He's in a place of pure love, young again and healthy, playing with the others that have gone before him. I'm sure Gooseman is keeping him company.:hug99::hug99:

Yolanda
06-27-2010, 12:52 AM
I like to think he's at the Bridge with hanging with Goosie, the two of them had so many similarities.

Lorrie, I know they are together and probably getting into a lot of trouble. Our special guys will alays be here in our heats,

lotsadox
06-27-2010, 10:16 AM
I think Charlie touched a lot of hearts. I know he touched mine :hearts:

I'm sure he is at the bridge with Goosie having a great time.

Mama S.
06-27-2010, 09:01 PM
What a beautiful picture of the 2 of you! From the first time I laid eyes on him he was my sunny Florida goos!