PDA

View Full Version : Our visit with Yolanda

RDavidP
06-27-2010, 12:22 AM
Hi ebeybody, Draco and Dumbledore again. We took a nice road trip today to go see Aunty Yolanda. We had a fun time visiting with her dogs. We visited for some time. Once we got back into the car and started to go home, we found a couple of stowaways that had sneaked their way into the car.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1490.jpg

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1491.jpg

:D
So everyone knew I was going to go see Yolanda about a dog today, but y'all didn't know I was going to see her about two now did you. Yup, we adopted her mom and puppy pair Isabella and Midge. Isabella is the brindled mom and Midge is the chocolate/brown piebald puppy. When I went into Yolanda's house, Midge got right up next to me, and Isabella got next to her. Eventually a couple of Yolanda's dogs came in and got in my lap too. This is pretty much how Midge rode on the way back home. She had to be in constant contact with me.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1492.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1493.jpg

Everybody is settling in right now. We all have already been out twice to do our business. Here is a cute little round belly puppy eating.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1495.jpg

Mommy came in and didn't quite know what to think about all the toys.
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1496.jpg

We will have to keep an eye on her because she does have some toy hording and guarding tendencies.

Two Red Smooth's
06-27-2010, 12:25 AM
Welcome home girls!!!!!! They are precious.

LUVMYGUNNER
06-27-2010, 12:26 AM
OMG they are beautiful...you have a great family.
:congrats2:

Linus
06-27-2010, 12:28 AM
:congrats2::congrats2:to all 6 of you!!

The Midgets
06-27-2010, 12:37 AM
OH MY GOD! :congrats2: 2 boys and 2 girls, perfect! I would love to get a 4th but my Dad said he'd disown me......meanie

Yolanda
06-27-2010, 12:41 AM
It was great having David and family down today for a visit. Midge fell in love with David at first site. We had the dogs meet in the front a yard and there were no issues at all. Issy and Midge left to head to new adventures and a good life.

RDavidP
06-27-2010, 12:51 AM
So far, Draco is very much hanging around Bella and Midge. Dumbledore somewhat, but he goes off and does his own thing by himself, and he seems quite content with that right now. I think Dumbledore is going to be getting alot more alone time with Mommy and Daddy. Anytime Dumbledore would try to get up with one of us, Draco had to be right up there too. Right now Draco has gone off with Bella and Midge exploring the house, or just laying around with them, while Dumbledore is laying all over my wife by himself getting lots of undisturbed rubs.

Oh, and one funny thing I just realized. We got Draco on July 4th, 2009, and essentially doubled the number of dachshund going from one to two. Today, very close to July 4th, we again doubled the number of dachshunds going from two to four. Does that mean next year, we will double again and going from 4 to 8? Very unlikely. :rotfl:

RDavidP
06-27-2010, 01:12 AM
And Mommy and baby say "Goodnight everyone."

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1497.jpg

Otto'sMom
06-27-2010, 01:48 AM
Holy :awww: That is super cool and they are super cute. I love that *must put my chin on you and adore you* look:hearts:

jenfer
06-27-2010, 02:04 AM
:congrats2::congrats2: Cute furry family. :)

Jacqueline
06-27-2010, 04:21 AM
Ah, now you have a pie that looks just like my Daisy, and one that looks like Molly (cept for the plumbing, lol) I love your new babies, and apparently, Midge can't show you enough how much she already loves you, lol.

So glad the family has expanded, and it looks like love all around.

HokieMom
06-27-2010, 06:44 AM
:yay1: Midge and Isabella have a new forever family! I just love the 'I adore you' look in that one pic!

Lisa
06-27-2010, 09:20 AM
:woohoo: I am beyond happy for you and your family, that is super duper cool.

Your new baby girls are just gorgeous. :love98: :hearts: :love98: :hearts::love98:

Opaleyz
06-27-2010, 09:46 AM
:yay1: :congrats11: :yay1:

I am SO very happy for you & your newly expanded fur-family! Looking forward to many more pics!

Are you going to keep the names, or will you switch to Harry Potter related names...like Molly & Ginny ;)

vferraro99
06-27-2010, 09:48 AM
I'm so happy for you, David! If I had no adult supervision (a.k.a. City AC) I'd be all the way up to 8 right now... I'm NOT suggesting you should do it, though :rotfl::rotfl:

I'm so glad Midge "chose" you!! That's the best way to get a dog, and her Mommy too - this brindle is so beautiful.

TheDoxieHaus
06-27-2010, 09:53 AM
Congrats! That is awesome! They are beautiful pups!

:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

lotsadox
06-27-2010, 10:08 AM
:cheer3::congrats2::cheer3: On your new additions.

I love the way Midge just has to be touching :hearts::hearts:

RDavidP
06-27-2010, 10:45 AM
For the names, we are going to keep Isabella's name as Bella. As Yolanda was telling me, the very first dachshund that started DRNA was named Isabella, and she recently passed on. Yolanda named this one Isabella in honor. Since she is our first DRNA dachshund, we will atleast keep the Bella, and it also fits in with the Harry Potter theme for Bellatrix Lastrange, yes another evil one. I keep telling my wife stop naming the dogs after the evil ones in Harry Potter. As for Midge, her name is going to be Minerva, but calling her Minny for short.

It has been an interesting morning. :rotfl:
We haven't had too many snarls or snapping, though Bella did snap at Draco a couple of times when he was first getting real close to Minny/Midge. Bella and Minny were having a good time playing with each other inside, and Draco wanted to join in but wasn't too sure. We let them out shortly to go potty, and Bella and Minny started playing again, just rolling around. Bella had walked away for a bit, and Draco went up to Minny, and they started bowing down to each other and then went to running all over the yard. Bella joined in on the chase. Dumbledore has more or less been aloof. He will sniff, but that is about all he wants for right now. If one gets too close, he just gets up and moves and gives us a look. He will warm up in a couple of weeks. Again, Bella doesn't quite know what to do with all of the toys we have. We have tons of toys all over the floor, and another bin full. She has been in the bin, pulling out one toy, squeeking it, dropping that one, and pulling out another one and repeating. :rotfl:

Today, she hasn't been too agressive with the toys or guarding them. She is letting Minny play with the toys with her, but not Draco. Draco also needs to learn that he can't just snatch toys away either. Draco and Minny were pulling on a Bobo earlier though.

doxiemommy3
06-27-2010, 10:52 AM
AWWWWWW wonderful pics!! Congrats on your new fur family member.

vferraro99
06-27-2010, 11:43 AM
It's natural for Bella to be protective of Minerva (love the name), but as soon as she gets used to Draco and Dumbledore she'll relax. I'm so glad you got both!!

oceangirls
06-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Congratulations! Your girls are gorgeous :)

Rae
06-27-2010, 12:36 PM
congratulations all around, to Bella and Minny on their new forever home, Draco and Dumbledore on the new sisters, David and mrs David on sharing the love with two more who needed it, and YO for a "two-fer" special placement.

alllllll goooooooddddd...

Barb
06-27-2010, 01:43 PM
OMG !!! TWO TWO TWOFER !! :yay: How bery.bery.kewl !!! And in a quick roadtrip - your pack has doubled !!! :wow: Huge :congrats11:

Alex's Mom
06-27-2010, 02:20 PM
congratulations all around, to Bella and Minny on their new forever home, Draco and Dumbledore on the new sisters, David and mrs David on sharing the love with two more who needed it, and YO for a "two-fer" special placement.

alllllll goooooooddddd...

Couldn't have said it any better!! :hug99::hug99:

LexieLuvr
06-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Looks like your Midge is a "velcro dog," just like my Jack is with me. Beautiful new family members!! :congrats2::congrats2::congrats2::congrats2:

Mama S.
06-27-2010, 06:09 PM
:congrats2::cheer3::appl::congrats2::cheer3::appl:

areese
06-27-2010, 06:32 PM
:congrats2::congrats2::congrats2:

Rae
06-27-2010, 06:51 PM
And in a quick roadtrip - your pack has doubled !!! :wow: Huge :congrats11:

seem to recall a certain road trop to Diamondhead that resulted in a"plus two" for you, sister :)

and they all lived happily ever after

AnnMarieK
06-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Congrats .... :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: What beautiful babies !!!!!

Tex
06-28-2010, 08:19 AM
:congrats: on your new additions!!!! I love the Harry Potter-themed names :)

RustysMom
06-28-2010, 11:19 AM
:cheer3::congrats2::yay1::congrats2::yay1::cheer3:

michelehbc
06-29-2010, 11:40 AM
:congrats2::congrats2: That is TOO AWESOME!

silverselkie56
06-29-2010, 12:32 PM
They look so happy that I am smiling big enough to eat a whole bannanna lengthwise.

What you mean, not more next year. We shall see as they tend to catch your heart and more is just more to lov. We have 9 now with Mona and am not going to say no more because you never know who will find me on my walk-about.