PDA

View Full Version : The Box

doxrox
07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
I ordered a wooden keepsake box with a tile photo of Charlie for his ashes. It arrived today and I've been crying ever since. I've been sitting here talking to his ashes...which is probably weird but it makes me feel better. :sosad:

Otto'sMom
07-09-2010, 01:00 AM
It isn't weird. Not talking to them would be odd to me. They are the angels that look out for us now that they can no longer do so in a corporeal form, and they're the first hint of a smile when you see something that reminds you of them. He's a piece of your heart, a shine in your soul.

Yolanda
07-09-2010, 07:52 AM
Weird, I think not. GOOSIE's box is sitting in my living room and I talk to him every day. I believe he is guiding me through the maze of rescues coming and going pointing me to those in the most need.

doxiemommy3
07-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Not weird at all...I do not talk to ashes (since I buried Mo at my parents)...but I have his collars hangin on his pic and I talk to him often...and it does make me feel better (after 4 almost 5 years).

:hug99: for you

Alex's Mom
07-09-2010, 08:28 AM
SO not wierd...Maxe and Alex's ashes and memory boxes live in my bedroom and I talk to them every singe day, even though Maxe has been gone for 11 years, and Alex almost 2 (hard to believe!!! :(). As Andrea says, wierder by far if you DIDN'T talk to them. I cried for 2 days after I got Alex's ashes home. :hug99::hug99:

lotsadox
07-09-2010, 08:46 AM
It's not weird and if it's making you feel better, it's just fine. :cheer3::cheer3: I still get teary when I look at Bogart's picture sometimes. I miss my boy :sad1:

Barb
07-09-2010, 09:26 AM
:bighug: I don't think it is wierd at all. We talk to them while they are on this earth, and they are watching over us, so why not talk to them when they leave this earth..... I find it comforting to say it outloud. I think Charlie wags his tail each time that you talk to him :)

vferraro99
07-09-2010, 09:45 AM
It's not weird at all. Charlie is there watching over you, you cannot see him, but he's there. Keep on talking, hon, he can hear you!!

Now you made me all teary eyed...

bittyup
07-10-2010, 07:27 PM
It is absolutely not weird. I talk to all my old pets everyday and I know my mom talks to her pets as well. Their spirits are still a part of us. Our love will always be there with them.I am sure Charlie loves hearing your voice. :bighug:

Otto'sMom
07-10-2010, 07:33 PM
I tear up just thinking about the day I lost Jethro. The 3rd tuesday in July.
I catch myself calling the babies monkeypants (not that they hear me) I talk to them all, all the ones I've lost. Cats, dogs. Everybody.

AgileOllie
07-10-2010, 07:34 PM
I don't think it's weird either. We buried Ryan and Trooper here on our property, then planted trees by their graves and every time we cut the grass, we talk to them. We planted a tree for Sebastian, and we say hi to him there, even though he's not there. Miguel jokes that we're going to have a forrest out there one day. Then we'll talk to all the trees LOL!

Rae
07-11-2010, 11:27 AM
If you are looking for someone to tell you "sister you have a screw loose, talking to a departed animal" you have posted on the wrong board.

NOTHING wrong or odd or crazy about staying connected with your beloved one. Nothing at all. He will forever be a part of you, and his physical remains being ashes DOES NOT reduce the size nor importance of his being, his soul, on your life.

He will always be part of you, why in the world would you start ignoring him now simply because he is physically not present??

(hugs) to you. I am so sorry your heart is breaking.

I will be there one day and I know the support of my DLC family, the group of people who KNOW what it is to love a doggie with every fiber of your being, will get me through it. I'm counting on it.

oceangirls
07-11-2010, 12:13 PM
I am so sorry about your little guy :hug99:. The keepsake box sounds really nice.

As someone who talks to live dogs, departed dogs, departed father, birds, plants, the occasional stuffed animal, and my truck... you don't even register on my Weirdness Radar :).

Jacqueline
07-11-2010, 01:52 PM
As the person who actually SEES the spirits of animals wandering around, you may take it from me that Charlie hasn't left you, so talking to him is not only natural, but the kindest thing to do. How would you like it if he ignored you?

Those we love never really leave us. Love is a very strong bond, in this world and the next,....and between the too. Keep talking to him, it's only natural.

Linus
07-11-2010, 02:58 PM
Not weird at all! I placed Radley's ashes inside a shadow box frame with his collar and the part of his favorite blanket that Tracy made that has his name on it. I felt horrible when I wrapped the frame up for the move, and I talk to his pictures all the time. His photos still went up on my walls even though he was gone long before we moved. I still get teary when I think about him sometimes. I miss my little sweet boy.

Mama S.
07-14-2010, 10:51 PM
I got a lock of Stinkers hair and it is taped to a pic of her so I can not only talk to her I can stroke her hair so uh no weird here either. Love, comfort, a shoulder or twenty but no weird. Like Rae said - that is the other board..:hearts::hug99:

silverselkie56
07-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Not weird at all.
I talk to Baron, my daughter Toni and my brother all the time.
Toni's ashes (1/2 of them are on the shelf at home - other 1/2 is with my son). Baron is under the rose bush.
It is the one thing I miss about not being home, but have Baron's collar and Toni's necklace and brother's Navy ring and talk to them and describe what I see every day and do (even though they can see me from the heavens).
Tears fall alot, but they are clensing tears.

Talk, scream and cry - it is what the rest of us do and is the right thing to do.