PDA

View Full Version : Bailey's skin and coat...

Jill
03-11-2006, 11:20 AM
Is BRIGHT AND SHINY!!! :cheer2:

We had a vet visit today for some vaccine's and B's comprehensive exam. On the report that the vet gives us after the visit, B's "skin and coat" has always been checked off for:
other lesions noted, and needs improvement

But today, they changed it to BRIGHT AND SHINY!! :banana:

Yay.

He was great through everything. He was a little weirded out when we were outside and he went to pee on a bush and I stuck the cup under there to catch the pee sample. :rotfl:

lotsadox
03-11-2006, 11:44 AM
The dreaded urine sample! Miller actually stops peeing when I put the cup under him! :lol:

I'm so glad that Bailey's coat and skin are doing so well. :banana:

JanUet
03-11-2006, 11:52 AM
Great News for Bailey! :yay:

I have never been asked to get a urine sample from Casey or Sophie. The vet office always gets it for us. I guess they have a technique to "express" the urine?

What is your secret to Bright and Shiny Bailey.....Enquiring minds need to know!

Jill
03-11-2006, 12:03 PM
What is your secret to Bright and Shiny Bailey.....Enquiring minds need to know!

It's a big deal for me because we had those issues last summer/fall with the bumps and the whole alopecia diagnosis etc. You can really feel the difference in his coat. It's a bit thicker and is softer.

For both boys they get a squirt of salmon oil on their dinner each night, and then Bailey, every other day, he gets a "Well Coat" cap. They are made by Wellness.

Patt
03-11-2006, 12:42 PM
:cheer2: Super news, Bailey's coat is Bright and Shiny. :1jump: WTG Mom it's due to your TLC. :appl:

Lisa
03-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Fantastic Jill, I am so happy to hear that about Bailey's coat :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

You made me :rotfl: :rotfl: with the collecting the urine sample. I have never had to do that either - thankfully!

jennie_c_d
03-11-2006, 06:30 PM
Expressing is no fun, says Emma, who is incredibly easy to express unless she's stressed.... I can put a cup under her, say "POTTY", and she does it, now. She's had soooo many samples taken that she's used to it, LOL. She'd much rather do that than have it squeezed out of her.

oceangirls
03-11-2006, 09:40 PM
that's great news!! I have heard it is very hard to get an isabella to have a nice coat, so you have obviously done a terrific job with the regimen you have him on now.

I had run out of salmon oil, but just restarted it. It does seem to help and they sure enjoy it :)

alfina
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Great job! I bet you were so proud!

Yes, collectiing urine sample is not that easy. I had to get Rumble's once.

Nancy
03-11-2006, 11:28 PM
GREAT news!!! Yaaaah, Bailey! :rotfl:

I've yet to collect a sample from Molly, and I'm not looking forward to it either!!

Alex's Mom
03-12-2006, 08:08 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Bailey!! Great news!! Yup, it's hard to collect a sample from them, all right! I've found that a low butter-type dish is the best, but Alex always looks like "do you mind, mom?!? I'm trying to be discreet here!!" :rotfl:

Mama S.
03-12-2006, 07:24 PM
:appl: :cheer2: :banana: :boogie: on the BRIGHT & SHINY!!!!!! Most excellent news!!!!
sandi

Jen
03-13-2006, 02:23 PM
:woohoo: Bailey has an excellent coat!! Salmon oil is great stuff and Tasha loves it! I dislike the smell, and have DH put it on her breakfast--I give her supper ;)

Bella's Mom
03-13-2006, 03:09 PM
Woo hoo for Bailey!! He's such a handsome boy anyways! :angel7: