PDA

View Full Version : Otto, One Year Ago This Weekend

Otto'sMom
07-23-2010, 02:25 PM
July 2009 was a sucky month. Just a few days after Jethro had died, Otto blew a disc that Friday night and had surgery Sat morning. He's only had one relapse (he fell out of the new bed) but he's been mobile ever since.

For those of you who are just going through it, there is light at the end of that tunnel. Otto can't really Meerkat like he used to, but he does everything else with grace and ease, and really monitors himself. He doesn't try to jump up onto things and will only stand on his hind legs for very special treats.

vferraro99
07-23-2010, 02:26 PM
I do remember that month... I wish I did not. I'm so glad Otto is doing so well. Having two IVDD furkids at home I know how scary it is to go through this.

:cheer3::cheer3: go, Otto, go!

Barb
07-23-2010, 02:28 PM
Our precious King Otto :heart:

RustysMom
07-23-2010, 02:41 PM
:cheer3: yay for Otto!!! I know I fear if things get bad with Rusty. He was down once but it wasnt bad and was given steroid shots and crate rest. I hope it doesnt ever get bad again.

areese
07-23-2010, 02:48 PM
I'm so glad he's doing well...I remember reaching Laika's first anniversary of her surgery...and now she's coming up on her second (Oct. 12). She's perfect. I still watch her a lot...well...watch her do things I don't want her to be doing. I don't think she's had a bad day (spine-wise) since two weeks after her surgery. Thank doG for MRi's and surgeons and the spirit of dachshunds.

LUVMYGUNNER
07-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Glad he is doing well...Boy thats something you don't forget--even though I don't like thinking about it...Gunner is doing well also....BUT there is always fear that he could go down again...A friend of mine, her dog just had his either 3 or 4th back surgery--one every year of his life...:sosad: But he is doing real well---they love him, and give him every chance they can...
:hug99: for you for being a good doxie mom...

alfina
07-23-2010, 04:47 PM
It has been a bit more than 2 years for Sabrina and she is just like new. You would never know. It is hard to believe. They are some determined doggies.

Lisa
07-23-2010, 04:54 PM
Like the rest, I remember Pogo going down so clearly. It's such a tough road.

I am very happy Otto is doing so well. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: That had to be the worst July in history.

LUVMYGUNNER
07-23-2010, 06:04 PM
I was devasted when Gunner went down...I have always done what dodgerslist said to do and it still happend...I joined dodgers when he was 7 months old, changed him to a holistic food, ramps, harnesses, etc. etc...

Rae
07-23-2010, 10:35 PM
:bow: all hail King Otto! I seem to remember "6-8 weeks crate rest" sounded an awful like "dog in a box FOREVER!" but as so many have proven, there is hope. and there is always love, sympathy, and support here on DLC.

bittyup
07-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Stay well Otto.You are after all The King:hug99:

Tex
07-26-2010, 08:22 AM
So glad that Otto is back his old self! :D

Jax just had his 2 year anniversary on July 3rd, so I feel your joy!:cheer3: