PDA

View Full Version : Dixie-my friend's doxie

Tex
07-23-2010, 07:01 PM
My friend & co-worker had an adorable black & tan that we dog sat for often. Her name was Dixie. I don't know the details, but my friend's husband left Dixie in the car & she got too hot and went to the bridge. My friend is barely speaking to her husband and I don't blame her. Please say a prayer for my friend.

Otto'sMom
07-23-2010, 07:04 PM
How unfortunate, and just when this is has been in the news all over the place. Hubby is lucky charges aren't pressed.

vferraro99
07-23-2010, 07:06 PM
OMG! I'm so sorry this has happened to Dixie. I don't blame her... I'd not be talking to him either.

Please pass on my sincere condolences to her. Of course, don't tell her, but I'm passing on my condolences not only for the death of Dixie, but for having such a stupid husband.

Tex
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
I really wish I knew the details bc her husband isn't usually a stupid guy, but this was just, crazy.....

LUVMYGUNNER
07-23-2010, 08:23 PM
OMG--will people ever learn...I think my hubby would have to find another home...Was this dog from a Rescue???
Hope she never trusts him with a child... :(

RIP sweet Dixie:hearts: sorry you had to go so soon.:candle98:

Barb
07-23-2010, 08:26 PM
That is just so sad. I can't imagine there being a reason for it......at all. Please let her know we are thinking of her. Geez, that would be a tough one to get past.......
Godspeed sweet Dixie.... :candle13:

Tex
07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
They have 3 kids ages 18, 15, & 13. I just don't understand the whole thing....

And if John ever did this, he would be packing his bags.

LUVMYGUNNER
07-23-2010, 08:46 PM
You know I got locked into hubby's car one time and tried this--it was when it was cooler--I think it was winter time here..the longest I could take it was about 10 minutes, and I had to open the door...I can just imagine the heat where you are at. Why don't people leave dogs at home, when they shop or visit...
This is so sad.... I feel for your friend and the children...

Rae
07-23-2010, 10:32 PM
OMG I am so sorry, Dixie Doxie.

Am sure he feels horrible, as well he should....

so sad.

lotsadox
07-23-2010, 11:25 PM
And if John ever did this, he would be packing his bags.

Yup, I'd have the bags packed and on the front porch. And the locks changed.

LUVMYGUNNER
07-23-2010, 11:31 PM
I just posted about a policeman a week or so ago, doing that to his dog/partner--left him in the 110 degree heat, in the patrol car in Phoenix, AZ
Said he didn't realize the dog was in there.

Patt
07-23-2010, 11:46 PM
:holyshp: Some things are better left unsaid. I'm so sorry. RIP little Dixie :candle3:

Jacqueline
07-24-2010, 03:28 AM
I am so sorry for her. She lost her little baby, and now her relationship with her husband is going to be very rough for a long time. As much as I love mine, if he let one of my babies die in the car......it would really put a strain on us. Happily, he loves them as much as I do.

Sending sympathy for both of them....they need it.

Two Red Smooth's
07-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Poor baby our prayers are with the family.

You know I use to be very judgmental on this stuff...however 2 years ago I was put on topamax for migraines...I got one of the more uncommon side effects memory loss. HELL I tell ya...I took an LOA from work we went through 25# of dog food in 2 weeks! I left my car running in the parking lot at work (pre LOA). Now when I hear stories like this I always wonder was it a stupid uncalled for accident or is there more we don't know. I will say this Joe knows I understand an accident is an accident but if anything ever happens to the duo (and now human child) because of his stupidity don't think I would not divorce him, and I'm not kidding.

lotsadox
07-24-2010, 08:51 AM
Poor baby our prayers are with the family.

You know I use to be very judgmental on this stuff...however 2 years ago I was put on topamax for migraines...I got one of the more uncommon side effects memory loss. HELL I tell ya...I took an LOA from work we went through 25# of dog food in 2 weeks! I left my car running in the parking lot at work (pre LOA). Now when I hear stories like this I always wonder was it a stupid uncalled for accident or is there more we don't know. I will say this Joe knows I understand an accident is an accident but if anything ever happens to the duo (and now human child) because of his stupidity don't think I would not divorce him, and I'm not kidding.

Good point, Nicole.

viener weiner
07-24-2010, 09:37 AM
This also happened to a friend of mine. Girlfriend went jogging and left the dog in the car (in Florida in the summer). Came back and the dog was dead. It put a strain on their relationship, but they are still together. They have another dog, and he said if anything happens to that dog because of her stupidity, he would leave her. I would have an extremely hard time getting past anything happening to my Joy because of a partner's stupidity..... so sad....

LUVMYGUNNER
07-24-2010, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry...inless you are on medication, WHY would you take a dog with you, in the middle of the summer not run the AC and leave him in the car???? If you had a child with you, would you not run the AC if you left it in the car???Gunner and Petunia are NEVER in the car alone... one of us is always with them--I don't even leave them in the car in the winter...There are such things as car jacking and stealing the dog/dogs...

Jacqueline
07-24-2010, 01:52 PM
When I was going back and forth by myself, I HAD to leave Daisy in the car for a minute or two to go in to go to the bathroom, and I want to tell you, that was the hardest thing I ever had to do. If there was a line, I just could not wait. I know some of those people at the rest areas must have thought I was demented, running back and forth....as much as I could run, and trust me, not a pretty sight...to get there and back. And I have crate fans, etc.

I don't take them out with me at all if I am alone down here. I know they want to go, but they are better off at home in the ac. And when we are out together, one of us stays in the car with the ac running if we don't both go inside.

You would think anyone who ever got into a hot car in the summer would know better :sosad:

LUVMYGUNNER
07-24-2010, 01:57 PM
You would expect a teenager/ young child to do this....not an adult...
If it was a rescue dog, I doubt if they will get another one thru rescue..
This is realy sad since newspapers, radio's, and on the news on-line warn you about doing this...

oceangirls
07-25-2010, 12:27 PM
I'm so very sorry for your friend :(.

:candle: for this little girl.

vferraro99
07-25-2010, 01:05 PM
I'm sorry...inless you are on medication, WHY would you take a dog with you, in the middle of the summer not run the AC and leave him in the car???? If you had a child with you, would you not run the AC if you left it in the car???Gunner and Petunia are NEVER in the car alone... one of us is always with them--I don't even leave them in the car in the winter...There are such things as car jacking and stealing the dog/dogs...

I don't know about AZ, Irma, but here in NV it is against the law to leave either a child or an animal in the car, even if the windows are open, if the temperature is 85 or above. It is a felony, no matter if the animal dies or not.

LUVMYGUNNER
07-25-2010, 02:20 PM
You got it hon--to bad no one reported it to the cops...people her do it all the time, call the cops if they see a dog or child in the car...People still do it...:duh::shocked: