PDA

View Full Version : Add Another Fear to Your List

Otto'sMom
03-11-2006, 11:05 PM
Greenies, Rawhides, Chicken bones.....now add this to your list of banned items in your home:

Paper Shredders. Not only are they turning toddlers into the future shop teachers, this common home office item is a danger to our beloved dogs. As easy as it is to stick little fingers in it, imagine what it can do to your pupper's tounge if their little inquisitive noses poke and snoop.
Unplug them when not in use!
I'd post a link, but this stupid net at work is s l o w :mad: I read it in yesterday's Virginia Pilot. Googled it, came up with this :

http://www.interactivedadmagazine.com/absolutenm/templates/?a=821&z=2

Nancy
03-11-2006, 11:23 PM
It's funny you mention this. Everytime I shred something, Molly runs toward the shredder and just stares at it. Her nose is going a million miles as well, trying to figure out just what it is. She has gotten very close to the shredder, but i'll be sure to shut the door when I use it.

Patt
03-12-2006, 02:36 AM
That's awful, ours is unplugged when not in use.

JanUet
03-12-2006, 11:27 AM
We don't own a paper shredder. I thought about buying one tho.
Thanks for the info Andrea. It will be another one of those things i will need to unplug or place up high (like alot of other stuff):shocked:

Goob
03-12-2006, 03:20 PM
We don't have one either... I blew the thing out when I tried to shred old credit cards. Thanks for the word of caution, I never would have thought of that being a danger, but you're soooo right!

Mama S.
03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Isn't it amazing how we tend to over look the ost obvious stuff? Thanks ever so much for a great stop and think piece! I'll make sure our noses/tongues are no where close when the shredder comes on!
Sandi

Otto'sMom
03-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I was cleaning at work and there was a spot of oil that wouldn't come up on the shredder. I'm scrubbing as hard as I can and the shredder got my sponge. It was kinda funny at the time:rotfl:

Jen
03-13-2006, 03:06 PM
Tasha likens the paper shredder to the carpet dragon--attack and run, over and over. Mine is portable, fits on a trash can, and I make sure the can is too high for her to reach--and I store it in the closet when I'm not using it.

Another good safety tip!!

oceangirls
03-13-2006, 03:11 PM
I'm always afraid that **I** will manage to run my hand through a paper shredder so I am even more paranoid about dog tongues, ears, and paws. We keep ours in the office where the dogs do not go.

thanks for the warning!