PDA

View Full Version : Miss Millie

Almost Doxie
08-16-2010, 12:13 PM
I don't post much but do read often and enjoy seeing all of your doxies. For those who remember us, it is with a heavy heart, i tell you that we had to let Millie go. She went into congestive heart failure in January and the vet told us we would be blessed to have 6 months. We had a little over 6 months and they were mostly good. She played ball and loved life until her last day. She LOVED kids and loved to play ball with them. She was a therapy dog. She enjoyed going to the library and having the kids read to her. i have a tennis ball sized hole in my heart that is going to be tough to fill.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b106/crwebsters/100_1540.jpg

oceangirls
08-16-2010, 12:19 PM
I remember you, and am very sorry to hear about Millie :(

:candle: for this little girl

vferraro99
08-16-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about Millie. I had Tinha (born with CHF) for 17+ years, and I think I was extremely lucky. Every one of my friends that had a dog develop this dreaded disease lost their animal in a little over 6 months.

R.I.P. little one, run free at the Bridge.

:symp5:

Lisa
08-16-2010, 12:25 PM
Kristie, I am truly sorry for your loss of Millie. I know you were both blessed to be a part of each others lives. I wish you lots of healing rayz for your wounded heart. :bighug:

RIP Miss Millie, run free at the rainbow bridge with our DLC pups. :candle:

Rae
08-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Oh honey of course we remember you and are so sorry for your loss. DLC is not like facebook, where people are strangely compelled to share every minor detail, so we have many members who check in a lot but only post when something is important, and this CERTAINLY is very important.

I am so sorry for your loss, and :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: for Miss Millie and all the good she did on this earth as a therapy dog.

I hurt for you, and am glad that you had the time you did with her.

Alex's Mom
08-16-2010, 01:10 PM
Oh honey of course we remember you and are so sorry for your loss. DLC is not like facebook, where people are strangely compelled to share every minor detail, so we have many members who check in a lot but only post when something is important, and this CERTAINLY is very important.

Exactly!!! I'm so so sorry for the tennis ball sized hole in your heart, Kristie. :hug99: Godspeed special girl :candle2: My Maxe went from CHF, and it's a hard thing to watch. She developed if after losing a lobe of her lung to cancer, but she survived another 4 years, most of it really good, and I'm so grateful to have had those extra years.

Opaleyz
08-16-2010, 01:12 PM
I'm sorry about your loss. Miss Millie was certainly a special lady. Rest in peace, sweet girl :candle:

lotsadox
08-16-2010, 01:21 PM
I certainly remember you. :)

I'm so sorry for your loss :candle4: They do leave a hole in our hearts with their passing. Godspeed, little one.

:symp3:

K2
08-16-2010, 02:42 PM
I remember you, too. I am so sorry to hear of Millie. :symp3:

Almost Doxie
08-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Thank you all so much.

RustysMom
08-16-2010, 04:38 PM
:symp5::candle9:

Barb
08-16-2010, 05:02 PM
I am so sorry for your loss..... Godspeed sweet Millie :candle13:

:hug99: for mommy.....

HokieMom
08-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Kristie...

I was so sorry to hear of Miss Millie's passing.:sosad: The pic of her is wonderful - she is smiling so big in it. I know you are going to miss her so very much - she sounds like a fantastic therapy dog. :hug99::hug99: I'm sure she touched many peoples lives.

Tex
08-16-2010, 07:33 PM

I am so sorry for your loss, and :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: for Miss Millie and all the good she did on this earth as a therapy dog.

I hurt for you, and am glad that you had the time you did with her.

I couldn't have said it better. :bighug: