PDA

View Full Version : Rally rockstar!

Linus
08-21-2010, 10:45 PM
Bailey is feeling fine, so I decided to take him to a Rally class being offered by San Antonio Big Dawgs.

SABD is a meetup group of people and dogs that offers training and social events based around dogs. Piper and I have been to the dog park with them a few times, and we will be going tubing on the Guadalupe with them next weekend.

Anyway...I wasn't sure how he'd do since its been so long since we took obedience/agility, but he did great! It took him about 10 minutes to settle in and then he seemed to totally remember his previous training. We never did rally, but he had a great heel and listened super well. The instructor was impressed with him and says he has potential!:cheer3:

Its not a competition class, more of a learning/practice/bond with your dog kind of thing, but we do follow all the rules. In a few months we'll have an inner club competition! The best part - its all free! The trainer is a former military service dog trainer and is great!

I'm taking Piper to the basic obedience class tomorrow - send help. :lol:

Two Red Smooth's
08-21-2010, 10:58 PM
Very cool,sounds like fun.

lotsadox
08-21-2010, 11:00 PM
You should have known Bailey'd be a star! :cheer3::cheer3: How could he be anything else?

Good luck with Piper tomorrow. It will be an experience, I'm sure. :rotfl::rotfl:

areese
08-22-2010, 04:24 AM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!! I did Rally class with Laika and she really liked it..wish I could afford to keep doing it.
And good luck with Piper and obedience. I bet it will go better than you think.
maybe :)

Lisa
08-22-2010, 09:04 AM
:woohoo: So happy he did so great (although I am not surprised). Free training! That is beyond amazing.

vferraro99
08-22-2010, 10:00 AM
Yay! You go, Bailey! So proud of you!!

Have faith: you'll see Piper will do well. Just calm down and he'll do fine.:cheer3:

Otto'sMom
08-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Piper will show you how smart she is! :love98:

Linus
08-22-2010, 12:13 PM
Piper will show you how smart she is! :love98:

Smart, maybe, but ADD as all get out. All she wanted to do was get close to the other dogs to play. I told the trainer (who remembered me from yesterday and asked if I put him on the fluff cycle :lol:) that we were going to stay on the outskirts until she learned that not all times are for playing.

She was sooo distracted. I knew she would be, but time will help - I hope. Her main problem is that every time there is a suggestion that there might be forward movement, she pulls like crazy. I have leash burn on my hands and bruises on top of bruises. It hurts to type this right now.

The trainer is awesome and gave us some suggestions at the end of class - one being to use a leather leash as it will soften and not burn. This class is offered once or twice a week (and still free!), so we'll go as often as we can.

I forgot to mention yesterday that in our Rally class there is a GORGEOUS 16 month old standard red longhair. Absolutely breathtaking!

Frzframe
08-23-2010, 12:38 AM
I say wear her out before you go but we all know that won't work as she is the energizer bunny! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: I know its really not funny but just think she's is getting older every day so maybe she'll grow out of it soon. :o