PDA

View Full Version : Henry

Alex's Mom
09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
I just got an e-mail from an adopter of mine that Henry went to the bridge this weekend. Henry was one of the first dogs I ever adopted out, and Kelly and Mike were just about the perfect adopters. Kelly works at Jane's clinic. Henry hadn't been in their house for 2 months before he went down. Instead of sending him back, they took him to the vet college and had surgery. He had a good couple of years, then went down, and again they operated. But the third time was just too much for him. He lost his eye in a set-to with a raccoon. He won :).

I'm sure you've heard from Jane that we lost Henry last week. His back failed him again. We had decide after his last spinal surgery that we wouldn't do that to him again. His recovery was so rough. After ten days of crate rest and drugs to the eyeball, he was just losing his spirit and when he stopped caring about food, we decided to let him go.
We want to thank you for bringing him into our lives. He was larger in spirit than his body could carry. this picture was taken just a few weeks ago in happier times.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e137/dax_n_alex/untitled.jpg?t=1285105384

Please light a candle for one of the sweetest little dogs to ever be loved.

vferraro99
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
Awww... poor Henry. He suffered enough. I'm glad he won the battle with the raccoon, though, although he lost his eye in the process.

R.I.P. Sweet :angel: A candle will be lit for you.

lotsadox
09-21-2010, 05:53 PM
I"m so sorry, Paula. Henry and his family will be my thoughts and prayers.

Run free, Henry :candle4:

Lisa
09-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Oh Paula, I am so sorry to hear about Henry. RIP darling.

:bighug:

michelehbc
09-21-2010, 06:02 PM
I'm so sorry. It seems like he holds a special place in your heart. Lighting a candle for you. :hug99:

alfina
09-21-2010, 06:04 PM
I am very sorry. He looked like a real sweet pup.

LUVMYGUNNER
09-21-2010, 10:46 PM
RIP :candle4:
They sound like great parents.

Rae
09-22-2010, 07:56 AM
I'm so sorry. It seems like he holds a special place in your heart. Lighting a candle for you. :hug99:

:ditto:
what a sweetie. sounds like he was well, well loved.

HokieMom
09-22-2010, 08:41 AM
What an adventuresome life Henry lived. I bet he's telling all kinds of stories at the Rainbow Bridge - particularly how he put the whoop@ss on that raccoon!

:candle4:

Mama S.
09-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Goo night sweet prince until we meet again -