PDA

View Full Version : Too Smart for His Own Good

lotsadox
09-30-2010, 05:58 PM
With Miller's leg being hurt, I've been working really hard to get him to go up and down the ramp to the bed. I started luring him over to the ramp using treats. Then gave him a treat when he went down the ramp on command and he's been really good. Sometimes I let him lay on the bed (under the covers really) while I get dressed because he's been really good about not jomping. Today he was in the bathroom with me. When I got dressed I went out in the bedroom and told everyone to "get in your crate" which is the signal that I'm going to give out treats. Cash and Scooter went to their crates. I guess Miller wanted to milk the treats for all he could get. He went up the ramp to the bed and sat down waiting for me to tell him to "use the ramp" so he could get an extra treat for doing that. Smart little booger! :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Rae
09-30-2010, 06:08 PM
and you put this in BAD DOG why?? :dunno:

clever little guy. Now you know for sure he's nowhere near dumb, just hardheaded!!!

lotsadox
09-30-2010, 06:12 PM
Well, Bad Dog is the training forum and it is about training. One of us is getting trained, I'm just not sure which one if training which one.

I've realized that he's very clever. Just not easy to train. :rolleyes:

areese
09-30-2010, 06:42 PM
That's soooooo cute!!!

vferraro99
09-30-2010, 07:18 PM
and you put this in BAD DOG why?? :dunno:

clever little guy. Now you know for sure he's nowhere near dumb, just hardheaded!!!

:ditto::appl::appl::appl: Good boy, Miller!!!!:cheer3::cheer3:

Alex's Mom
09-30-2010, 07:47 PM
OMG that made me :rotfl::rotfl: Good Boy!!!!!

Linus
09-30-2010, 07:56 PM
Way to go, Miller! Smart boy!

BeauBuddy
09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
What a smart fella! He knows how to play that game.

lotsadox
09-30-2010, 10:23 PM
When we got ready to leave for the gym tonight I picked up the treat jar and Miller turned and looked at the bed. I said "Miller, don't even think about it". I swear that dog knows what I'm saying. He stood there and looked at me and I stared back and finally he turned and went into the study where his crate is :rotfl::rotfl:

jenfer
09-30-2010, 10:31 PM
LOL. Smart dog. :)

Patt
09-30-2010, 10:37 PM
I've realized that he's very clever. Just not easy to train. :rolleyes:
Well you are. :rotfl: Good job Miller! :appl: Furkids never cease to amaze me.

lotsadox
10-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Well you are. :rotfl: Good job Miller! :appl: Furkids never cease to amaze me.

I am definitely trainable and my dogs are good at it :rotfl::rotfl:

Tanya
10-01-2010, 12:42 AM
What a cutie! I hope he got that extra treat. :dog1:

Barb
10-01-2010, 02:26 PM
Super Smart Millerman !!!! :Woot:

oceangirls
10-01-2010, 02:39 PM
THAT is a dachshund for ya :D

When we puppy pad trained the girls, we would give them a treat for using the pads and keep the treat jar on the dryer (the pads are in the laundry room). Even now (7 years later) if I catch Cassie in the act and praise her, I swear her eyes flick over to the dryer, just in case. Food-motivated, that one is :rolleyes:.

lotsadox
10-01-2010, 02:41 PM
THAT is a dachshund for ya :D

When we puppy pad trained the girls, we would give them a treat for using the pads and keep the treat jar on the dryer (the pads are in the laundry room). Even now (7 years later) if I catch Cassie in the act and praise her, I swear her eyes flick over to the dryer, just in case. Food-motivated, that one is :rolleyes:.

Oh, yeah. They never forget some things. Like treats. Or where they found a frog. "Sit" they can forget, but never where the treats are or where that frog was :rolleyes:

wawailc
10-01-2010, 02:59 PM
What a good boy! I can just imagine him patiently sitting on your bed waiting for his extra treat!

I find myself being trained quite easily by Jack, and he's well aware of it too :rotfl::rotfl: