PDA

View Full Version : Tasha LIKES a big dog - knock me over with a feather!

Jen
03-15-2006, 02:13 PM
Last night we went walkies at 8:30 and Tasha and I were waiting by the curb as DH dealt with the trash and recyclables.

I noticed a woman with a weimaraner heading our way. I figured Tasha would just hide behind me or try to run away, and I was stunned to see her go up to this big dog wagging, sniff its face, and move around to sniff its butt. This has NEVER happened with a strange dog, ever. :faint: So maybe she knew a grey ghost before we got her? I just cannot explain it. She did revert to her shy self when Emme kept on sniffing her behind, but at first it was such an unusual encounter. There's hope for her yet!! And so many dogs in the new neighborhood that hopefully we'll find a few that she likes!!

jenfer
03-15-2006, 02:19 PM
That's great news. :) That's a big step for her. :)

Nancy
03-15-2006, 02:21 PM
YEAHHHH TASHA!! :appl: wow, that is a big step!!

Lisa
03-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Good for Tasha! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: That is such a big deal. I hope you run into Emme again and again and it will really build Tasha's confidence. She is so lucky to have you and your hubby as parents, she has come such a long way in such a short period of time...you should be very proud!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Rae
03-15-2006, 02:27 PM
hey, take your victories where you can get them. I KNOW you praised like she had pooped gold. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: for Tasha!

quavec
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
What a great step in the right direction! :cheer2: Maybe she and this bigger dog will become walkie pals.

Jen
03-15-2006, 02:43 PM
Oh yeah, lots of praise! (pooped gold? :lol:) :boogie: :boogie:

She's also learning to potty in the gutter instead of on the curb or at the base of trees. Here its safe as there's little traffic. We've been giving tons of praise for that too and I should probably start carrying treats--if she only gets one for guttering, she'll figure it out FAST!

quavec
03-15-2006, 02:46 PM
Oh yeah, lots of praise! (pooped gold? :lol:) :boogie: :boogie:

She's also learning to potty in the gutter instead of on the curb or at the base of trees. Here its safe as there's little traffic. We've been giving tons of praise for that too and I should probably start carrying treats--if she only gets one for guttering, she'll figure it out FAST!

silly question time: If she goes in the gutter, do you still have to clean/pick it up?:scratch:

K2
03-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Way to go Tasha!!! :appl: :banana: That's a huge step!! The new place must agree with her!

Mama S.
03-15-2006, 02:58 PM
WHoo hoo Tasha girl!!! So proud that you found a new friend!! I agree that you must like your new neighborhood!!
Sandi

Jen
03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
silly question time: If she goes in the gutter, do you still have to clean/pick it up?:scratch:

A fair question, not silly. Yes, you still have to pick up #2. And there are very few public trash cans in the new hood (one on every corner in the old hood).

But its most important for #1 as a large puddle on the sidewalk in a nice, clean neighborhood is frowned upon.

Lisa
03-15-2006, 06:38 PM
For the trash receptacle try calling - public works (http://www.google.ca/local?hl=en&hs=hhy&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=public+works&near=Brooklyn,+NY,+USA&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=40650000,-73950000,5370245898234782939) and see if they are responsible for putting more trash cans in your neighborhood. Most times they are happy to help out, because it saves them money cleaning the streets afterward. Just mention you noticed a lot of dogs in the area and some more trash receptacles would be helpful and make the area more sanitary.

When we phoned because we had issues with people dropping their garbage mail on our lot, they were so helpful and had a big recycle bin here in the same week.

Courtney
03-15-2006, 07:09 PM
Yeah for Tasha! Napoleon actually likes Weims a lot too - maybe it is a German dog thing? :rotfl:

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Tanya
03-15-2006, 07:14 PM
:cheer2: Way to go Tasha! :cheer2:

Go find a Isabella Doxie like Jill's Bailey! Just tell Tahsa its a mini Weimaraner! :rotfl:

lotsadox
03-15-2006, 07:36 PM
maybe it is a German dog thing? :rotfl:

:scratch: Maybe it is a German dog thing! Never thought about that. I'll have to watch who my dogs like.

Jen
03-15-2006, 08:40 PM
Go find a Isabella Doxie like Jill's Bailey! Just tell Tasha its a mini Weimaraner! :rotfl:

So Jill, want to bring Bailey to Brooklyn for a visit so we can test the theory?? :D

Helen
03-15-2006, 10:07 PM
Woohoo Tasha! That's encouraging news.

I just love weims. I think they are so gorgeous.

Bella's Mom
03-17-2006, 02:35 PM
You go Tasha! :banana:

Kerie
03-27-2006, 02:44 AM
Great news!!! Maybe she's a little less overwhelmed in the new, quieter neighborhood. My aunt and uncle had 2 weimeraners when I was a child. They were so nice!