PDA

View Full Version : Dumbledore is home

RDavidP
11-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Dumbledore is back home again. My wife and her mother picked up his ashes this afternoon. They came in a nice wooden box with his name on it, and that box came in a velvet bag. Here he is on the mantle in the den.

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1886.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1887.jpg
http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i214/DavidPugh/Dachshunds/IMG_1890.jpg

The picture is one we took of him as a puppy and put in a frame. We decided to put it on the wooden urn he came in. The name plate is spelled correctly, you just may not be able to see the final E in the photo. We were not expecting such a nice urn. I believe we will be keeping this one. The urn is closed using two screws. I don't think we will be opening it up. It also came with a nice certificate saying that these are Dumbledore's ashes, and only his from his private cremation.

Lisa
11-01-2010, 08:46 PM
That is really nice. I am glad he is back home with you. :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Anatresia
11-01-2010, 08:47 PM
that is a nice tribute to him. I'm sorry for your loss.

Rafi
11-01-2010, 08:55 PM
Very nice indeed.

areese
11-01-2010, 09:01 PM
That is really a very nice urn. And a lovely spot for it.

Tanya
11-01-2010, 09:06 PM
That is a very nice urn and the perfect placement. I'm sorry for your loss. :candle13:

Yolanda
11-01-2010, 09:07 PM
David, that is a very nice memorial to your boy.

oceangirls
11-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Very classy :thumbup:. That is a nice place for him to sit, surrounded by all your doxie stuff :)

RDavidP
11-01-2010, 10:00 PM
Very classy :thumbup:. That is a nice place for him to sit, surrounded by all your doxie stuff :)

Surrounded by SOME of our doxie stuff. We have much more dachshund stuff than that, several more shelves in fact. :rotfl:

SaxLady
11-01-2010, 10:04 PM
The urn is really beautiful and so dignified. Very appropriate for a wonderful boy. I am sure it's a comfort knowing that he's back home with his family.

Opaleyz
11-01-2010, 10:21 PM
He's definitely where he belongs--right back with you.

LUVMYGUNNER
11-01-2010, 10:54 PM
This brought tears to my eyes again...Love the urn, and what a nice memorial you set up for him, by all your doxie collectibles.

Alex's Mom
11-02-2010, 06:59 AM
Yup, all teary here too :(. Glad he's home where he belongs...lovely memorial for him, David.

That's the same urn that Alex's ashes came to me in. They're great. Maxe's are in a china vase with a big cork, and I live in fear that the cork's going to come out and her ashes will get spread around somewhere they're not meant to be!!:rolleyes:

RDavidP
11-02-2010, 12:22 PM
Maxe's are in a china vase with a big cork, and I live in fear that the cork's going to come out and her ashes will get spread around somewhere they're not meant to be!!:rolleyes:

My biggest fear yesterday was that his ashes would be in a closed, but unsealed box, and while driving home the box would come flying off the seat, and the ashes going everywhere. I was very relieved when I saw the nice urn they came in. Actually my biggest fear yesterday is that we would no longer be able to get his ashes. My recollection from Monday a week ago was that a few days later the crematory would call for billing information, cremate, and then send the ashes for pickup a week later. Yesterday early morning, I realized that it was now a week later, and we had not heard anything. All I could think of is that somehow we missed their phone call, Dumbledore was cremated, ashes already dumped in the pet cemetary, and we now lost Dumbledore. Since the Vet hospital is 24hours, my wife went ahead and called at 6am yesterday and spoke to someone. They said that the ashes were already there and ready for pick up, and that the crematory would actually mail us a bill.

Tex
11-02-2010, 12:36 PM
This brought tears to my eyes again...Love the urn, and what a nice memorial you set up for him, by all your doxie collectibles.

My sentiments exactly. What a beautiful tribute to your wonderful boy :hearts:

RDavidP
11-02-2010, 09:50 PM
We received another surprise from the Vet Hospital. They did a post-mortem paw print of Dumbledore, and we just received it. Back when Dumbledore first started chemo, we got a paw print and picture kit, and got a paw print of both him and Draco together.

Mama S.
11-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Soft gentle kisses puffed Heaven's way in hopes that Lolo and Dumbledore stop playing for a moment and notice our tears.. You and Mrs David are the best! Beautiful box!