PDA

View Full Version : What Age Do I Switch....

Bella's Mom
03-16-2006, 02:57 PM
When do I switch Bella from puppy food to adult food? I'll gradually change over but wasn't sure when. I thought it was a year old?? She'll be one on April 26th.

Lisa
03-16-2006, 03:05 PM
You can start making the transition now. I was always told the 1 year mark is for bigger dogs, and the smaller the dog the earlier they can eat adult food.

WOW I can't believe she is almost 1. :shocked:

Courtney
03-16-2006, 03:06 PM
It can be a year old or more or less depending on your dog. If she is still pretty energetic and active she can stay on puppy food past a year. If she has a normal activity level, it is probably fine to switch her to adult food when you next run out of puppy food!

Alex's Mom
03-16-2006, 03:11 PM
I was always told between 9 months and a year for small dogs, so you're on track, I'd say!

Michelle
03-16-2006, 03:57 PM
You can safely start the switch now,, they say anytime after 10 months I believe,,, I switched Heidi and Princess over at 11 months and they did just fine with the switch.. I just mixed in the adult formula slowly over a period of a few weeks...

jennie_c_d
03-16-2006, 04:31 PM
I don't use puppy food. I used it for ONE dog. She was chubby til I switched her at 9 months, then she thinned out and muscled up like she should have been, all along. I use all life stages foods, or adult food, and my pups have alsways been healthy and grown nicely.

Patt
03-17-2006, 04:05 AM
You are right on track... around 1 year is a good time to switch to adult food, be sure to do it gradually. :) My larger dogs I switched at 18mo.