PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Butters broke a tooth!

Anatresia
03-16-2006, 09:16 PM
I was doing the usual grooming routine tonight and when I came to the "teefies" I found one half less than usual!

Mr. B broke his front tooth in half- one of those little baby sized teeth. I am so upset! I don't know how he did it, or on what, or how long it was like that since it's been two weeks or so since his last brushing.

I'm pretty sure I have to get it pulled, now, right? Sigh. If they have to put him under, I might as well have the big cleaning too (which is early since he's only three.)

I'll have to call the vet's tomorrow. I was so excited that MY dental saga is finally over and poor Mr. B might have one now! My poor baby!

(BTW- the evil dentist sent me a bill again last week, even though I was already paid up- trying to say my insurance won't cover the work that I paid for in full knowing insurance wouldn't cover it! He's a total scam artist! I wrote him a letter basically saying he was ripping me off and needs to leave me alone before I call the BBB.)

Nancy
03-16-2006, 09:31 PM
OUCH!! poor Mr. B!! Hopefully the vet will not have to pull it. Please keep us posted!

On the same note, I too owe a lot of money to my dentist, like 680.00 a lot!! Thank my lucky stars my tax return should be here any day now!!

Jen
03-16-2006, 09:35 PM
Poor Mr. B, ouch! Tooth :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: heading his way.

That reminds me, I need to brush Tasha's teeth....

Frzframe
03-16-2006, 10:10 PM
Poor Mr B. Many tooth :rayz:'s on their way. Let's hope it's doesn't have to be pulled.

alfina
03-16-2006, 10:44 PM
Our Rumble had a broken molar. Not too badly. He chipped it probably by chewing on something. Our vet was just monitoring it. We didn't want to put him under due to high risk for his breed ad age.

lotsadox
03-16-2006, 10:45 PM
I've had two dogs break canine teeth and neither one had to have it removed. They just filed it off so it wasn't rough.

Sending rayz that the tooth won't have to be pulled. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

HotDogMama
03-16-2006, 10:47 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: lots of toofie rays for Mr. B!! Hopefully they won't have to pull it!! :crossfin:

Patt
03-17-2006, 02:34 AM
I don't think they will have to pull it unless he is having trouble. Sending tooth :rayz: :rayz: to Mr. Butters.

Alex's Mom
03-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Alex broke a tooth a few years back and Laura just filed it down and monitored it. she had another one that she cracked chewing a nylabone (a molar) and because the crack went below the gum line it was becoming infected and causing problems, so out it had to come. she REALLY needs a dental (garbage breath central :yuck:) but because of her heart issues, it can't be done. A real viscious circle cuz bad teeth can affect the heart, but both Laura and I would feel pretty awful (understatement of the year...) if she died under anaesthetic! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Mr. B's dental (and for your dentist to pound sand!)

Rae
03-17-2006, 09:46 AM
BIG teef rays for Mr Butters. Duchie has had dental trauma too and it sucks, but I am so glad you found it before anything bad happened- like an infection in his system...

jennie_c_d
03-17-2006, 07:43 PM
Poor little Butters!!! Teenie broke hers recently (well... I've only had her for 6 months, so it HAD to be recent, LOL) and I just scheduled a full dental for that week. She needed one, desperately. I was waiting for her to get to a healthier weight to have it done, and she had, so I figured it was time, anyways. She did really well.

I hope Mr. Butters and his Mommy (who feels worse than he does, I'm sure) are feeling better soon!

Mama S.
03-19-2006, 09:00 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Mr B and his tooth! Hoping that a simple filing will be all that it takes.
Should I send Superman to deal wif da dumb dentist???:rotfl:
Sandi