PDA

View Full Version : Gunner off for a surgery consult **3 Update

Frzframe
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
So, Gunner went downhill fast last night (he's not walking today and can't feel his feet) and its time to go see if surgery will help. There is a chance that CCDR will decide not to do it (determined by the percentage the vet gives that he'll walk again/if the surgery won't do any good). Poor Gunny. :(

Alex's Mom
01-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Oh man, Shonda!!! Tons and tons and TONS of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: coming your way (and a :hug99: or three). Keep us posted, ok?

lotsadox
01-13-2011, 03:20 PM
Poor Gunner. :( Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin:

Lisa
01-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Oh gosh. I am so sorry. Lots and lots of rayz for the little guy. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

HokieMom
01-13-2011, 06:53 PM
Poor Gunner! :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for him and :hug99::hug99::hug99: for you!

areese
01-13-2011, 06:58 PM
A bazillion :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: on the way.

Frzframe
01-13-2011, 07:57 PM
surgery tomorrow. more details in a few hoirs once I get home.

Rae
01-13-2011, 08:07 PM
thank goodness and Way To Go Foster Mommy :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: for keeping such a great watchful eye on the little fella.
:bigrayz: for a fast and full recovery!

AnnMarieK
01-13-2011, 08:15 PM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: I hope he has a speedy recovery... you're the best !!!!!

lotsadox
01-13-2011, 09:20 PM
Sending surgery :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
01-13-2011, 09:39 PM
Wishing Gunner lots and lots of surgery rayz for tomorrow. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

:bighug: to you Shonda. You must be stressed beyond belief right now! :hug99: :hug99: :hug99:

Frzframe
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM
Sorry about the rush, horrible spelling in my last post but I was on my phone. lol

Here's the skinny: K-State is an awesome teaching school so we saw a young resident vet who did the prelim work and then the young surgeon. He gave Gunny a 90 - 95% chance of walking with surgery. Cost will be 1,800 - 2,200 so if he doens't go all the way down (he still trying to walk) they'll do it tonight. They'll do his blood work and cat scan tonight. If he does okay they are thinking they might be able to send him home on Monday. :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin::crossfin: I have off on Monday so that would be prefect if not I'm not sure how we'll get him home yet.

This has been a VERY stressful two weeks with all the truma/drama with the new baby and sister inlaw and now with Gunner. But we're making it through. I'm going to set up a donation thing on facebook (not that I'm asking you all to donate but just to give you a heads up when you see me begging for money which I HATE doing but its for Gunner and he's such a love ... )

AgileOllie
01-14-2011, 12:37 AM
I'll be glad to donate any of my MLC items if you do an auction.

Sorry about this rush, horrible spelling in my last post but I was on my phone. lol

Here's the skinny: K-State is an awesome teaching school so we saw a young resident vet who did the prelim work and then the young surgeon. He gave Gunny a 90 - 95% chance of walking with surgery. Cost will be 1,800 - 2,200 so if he doens't go all the way down (he still trying to walk) they'll do it tonight. They'll do his blood work and cat scan tonight. If he does okay they are thinking they might be able to send him home on Monday. :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin::crossfin: I have off on Monday so that would be prefect if not I'm not sure how we'll get him home yet.

This has been a VERY stressful two weeks with all the truma/drama with the new baby and sister inlaw and now with Gunner. But we're making it through. I'm going to set up a donation thing on facebook (not that I'm asking you all to donate but just to give you a heads up when you see me begging for money which I HATE doing but its for Gunner and he's such a love ... )

Frzframe
01-14-2011, 01:08 AM
I'll be glad to donate any of my MLC items if you do an auction.

Thank you so much for the offer. :hug99:

Chris
01-14-2011, 01:52 AM
I hope Gunner recovers well. What is it with everyone having back issues lately? Or maybe there is just more awareness and we talk about them more. I am so glad they think he'll walk again with no problem. :crossfin:

SaxLady
01-14-2011, 03:50 AM
Mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner's Surgery. Get better dear boy!

Patt
01-14-2011, 05:31 AM
Sending many of our DLC magical :bigrayz::rayz::bigrayz::rayz: :bigrayz: for Gunner. Positive thoughts for a successful surgery and complete recovery.

OwnedByDoxies
01-14-2011, 07:57 AM
It sounds like the docs were very optimistic! Yay! Get well quick Gunner :bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
01-14-2011, 09:27 AM
Thinking about you guys today! Lots of rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

RustysMom
01-14-2011, 09:52 AM
oodles of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner.

areese
01-14-2011, 10:22 AM
sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:
I'm sure he'll do wonderfully and what a great price on the surgery!!!
Great odds, those are the same our surgeon gave Laika and she of course is perfect now :)

lotsadox
01-14-2011, 10:26 AM
It sounds like a great prognosis for Gunner :cheer3::cheer3:

Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Frzframe
01-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Heard from the vet. He is still walking or trying too which is great. He'll have his surgery late this afternoon so we should be hearing from them around 6 pm.

Lisa
01-14-2011, 12:03 PM
Checking this thread 100 times per day! Thank you for the update. Lots of rayz for Gunny. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

p.s will need an update at 6:01 :)

Frzframe
01-14-2011, 01:27 PM
I know what you mean Lisa. Gosh the wait is killing me ... I'm busy stuffing my face with food ... NOT GOOD! :sosad:

LexieLuvr
01-14-2011, 02:36 PM
So sorry your furboy needs surgery -- sending TONS of Texas :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!!! Sounds like a good prognosis, however -- that's great!

HokieMom
01-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Thinking of Gunner boy! :hearts::bigrayz::hearts::bigrayz::hearts:

SaxLady
01-14-2011, 04:40 PM
I will donate two pounds of my gourmet European chocolates if someone can set up an auction here on DLC. Two winners will each receive one pound. I'll pay for the postage as well.
Sending mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner's successful surgery.

Frzframe
01-14-2011, 05:20 PM
I will donate two pounds of my gourmet European chocolates if someone can set up an auction here on DLC. Two winners will each receive one pound. I'll pay for the postage as well.
Sending mega :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner's successful surgery.

Awww thank you. :hug99:

Lisa
01-14-2011, 07:01 PM
Still Checking. It is 6:00 my time! I am thinking about Gunner.

Candy, you are so wonderful. :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

lotsadox
01-14-2011, 07:03 PM
I've been checking this thread on and off all afternoon hoping for an update :toetap:

areese
01-14-2011, 08:13 PM
Ok...what time is it in Kansas????
I can donate something for an auction. a sweater monkey or a pair of dachshund fairies... a stuffed phrog...

Lisa
01-14-2011, 08:15 PM
We will donate a free custom portrait for the auction.

Frzframe
01-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Gunner is out of surgery and was just waking up when I was talking to Dr. Baker. Gunner had one lesion in the middle of his back. They sent a sample to the pathologist to make sure its nothing abnormal since it wasn't what they normally would find during surgery. It was not normal and went down to spinal cord so Dr. Baker said that Gunner most likely will get worse before he gets better. They'll take him outside later tonight, see if he'll eat and drink and keep him on intravenous med meds then ween him off and put him on oral pain meds. No news is good news so I won't hear from them until tomorrow morning unless something happens. I'll keep you up dated.

K2
01-14-2011, 08:57 PM
Sending lots and lots of healing :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Gunner's way. A few :hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for you, too.

areese
01-14-2011, 08:59 PM
What do they think it was??? They still think he will get better, though, right?
sending bunches of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Lisa
01-14-2011, 09:01 PM
Oodles more rayz for Gunner. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :bighug: for his wonderful Foster Mommy!!

Did he have a ruptured disk at all or was this the entire problem on his spinal cord?

lotsadox
01-14-2011, 10:22 PM
Sending more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner. Let us know more when you can.

Frzframe
01-15-2011, 12:09 AM
What do they think it was??? They still think he will get better, though, right?
sending bunches of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Dr. Baker thinks its disc material (can't remember what he called it) but since it wasn't what they normally find he sent it to be checked out. They think he'll be fine just that it won't alarm them if he gets worse tomorrow before he starts to show improvement.

areese
01-15-2011, 05:20 AM
Laika was worse after surgery initially too. went in walking, could not walk or pee afterwards due to swelling but as you all know, she ended up doing wonderfully. Just took an extra day or two.
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

LUVMYGUNNER
01-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Gunner realy didn't do all that good until quiet a few months later...He did how they expected him to do but it was a long progress...Here are rays for your Gunner:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Frzframe
01-15-2011, 11:27 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to get back to update sooner but Gunner is doing great. He did get worse but ia already back to were he was before the surgery. He on oral pain meds and peeing on his own. If all goes the way it has been during the night we can most likely bring him home tomorrow. Sarah one of is primary residents is being totally charmed by Gunny. I told her that everyone who meets him fall in love but she really didn't believe me .... she does now. lol

lotsadox
01-15-2011, 11:33 PM
:awww: Charming the ladies even though he's just had surgery :hearts::hearts:

Thanks for the update. I"m so glad that Gunner is doing well.

SaxLady
01-15-2011, 11:34 PM
What great news! Sending more healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Frzframe
01-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Oodles more rayz for Gunner. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and a :bighug: for his wonderful Foster Mommy!!

Did he have a ruptured disk at all or was this the entire problem on his spinal cord?

Yes but he wasn't quite sure if what he took out was the just disk or something else. We'll have that answer next week sometime.

Patt
01-16-2011, 04:42 AM
More :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner. Here's hoping for a complete recovery. :crossfin:

Lisa
01-16-2011, 08:51 AM
That is fabulous news. I can't believe he is peeing on his own already. Amazing!! :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: