PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Pippit's Dental

K2
03-18-2006, 09:49 AM
I scheduled Pippit's dental. April 3rd. I had originally wanted next week~but his vet is on vacation for 2 weeks and I didn't want the other vet to do it. So now I have until April 3rd to worry about it. I know several pups have gone in recently for their dentals....any advice for a worried mom?

JanUet
03-18-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm sure Pippit will be fine. He will probably just need a cleaning.
I worried about Sophie as I knew she would get some teeth extracted. But, I never thought it would be 5 molars.

Did the Vet say that Pippit needed any extractions?

Sending Pippit some magical DLC :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and Mommie a :bighug:

lotsadox
03-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I haven't had to have a dental done in years so no advice here. Just a :bighug: for you and teeth rayz for Pippit :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

K2
03-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Did the Vet say that Pippit needed any extractions?

Pippit's got a lot of tartar buildup. My vet said his teeth still look good, but it would be best to do it now before he runs into any problems. He's expecting not to have to do any extractions.

lotsadox
03-18-2006, 11:51 AM
That's good news! :banana: :banana: It will make things easier for poor Pippit!

Patt
03-19-2006, 01:46 AM
Doggie dentals are just like people dentals, I'm sure Pippit will do just fine. I know everyone worries which is quite normal. :)

bumpergirl
03-19-2006, 04:22 PM
I just had Bailey in for a dental about 3 weeks ago. She did great. When I called at noon to check on her they said she was already awake and wagging her tail. Just remember when to cut off the food and water the night before and you'll have nothing to worry about.

Are they doing the pre-anesthesia bloodwork? It's worth the extra $35-$40.

Mama S.
03-19-2006, 08:57 PM
No advice here, haven't had any done. Am scheduling Pete & Stinker then will go down the list from oldest to youngest!
Sandi

jennie_c_d
03-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Teenie's was easy. I'd just had her full senior blood profile done, so I knew she'd be fine with the anesthesia. She went in at 10, came home before 2. She was woozy and smooshy for a day. I got her some yummy canned food, and watered it down, so she could just lick at it. She was fine:)

Jen
03-20-2006, 01:36 PM
Tasha just had hers done. I'd advise doing the bloodwork, even though it costs a bit more. But best to be careful. And we were told no food after midnight and to pick up the water dish as soon as we got up in the morning.

We didn't have our breakfast, to break the pattern, as I didn't want to see that "hey, you had yours, where's mine" look. We dropped Tasha off at 9 and picked her up at 4. It took them forever to get to her--when I called at noon they still hadn't started her.

She was totally loopy, fell over when scratching herself and had trouble with the ramp to the couch. But she ate just fine and sat giving me "the look" till I gave her a chewey after supper. A smaller dinner, but no special food.

And the nice breath, though it only lasted a week or so, was a great thing! Now we're brushing several times a week!

I think it will be harder for you than for Pippit!! Dental :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: in advance!

K2
03-20-2006, 03:02 PM
He is getting the bloodwork done. I have to drop him off at 7am for that. No food after midnight and no water in the morning. I am really not looking forward to it~~but can't wait for the nice smelling kisses after it's done!