PDA

View Full Version : Anyone up for Buda this year?

oceangirls
01-27-2011, 09:05 PM
For anyone who doesn't know: this year's Wiener Dog Races (and County Fair) in Buda, TX will be the weekend of April 30 - May 1. It's a great time with or without wieners :).

Linsey and I (and of course Bailey :hearts: ) are planning to attend. I know it's not the best financial year for everyone, but hoping some of you will be able to join us.

lotsadox
01-27-2011, 10:05 PM
We're planning to be there with Cash and Miller :cheer3::cheer3:

Mama S.
01-27-2011, 10:23 PM
I am praying for a miracle!!! PJ wants to visit friends in Dallas maybe I can convince him to use that weekend and drive out!!!

areese
01-27-2011, 10:26 PM
I was hoping.....but my sister is graduating from vet school in May and I GOTZ to go there and watch her walk :)

Sophie and Lili's Mom
01-28-2011, 12:33 AM
I can offer my mom's guest room. I am full with family currently, thought if needing a place to stay is a make or break issue, I will give up my bed and sleep on the couch.

michelehbc
01-28-2011, 01:02 AM
weeeelllll... I AM getting a $2,600 tax refund this year....... ;)

HokieMom
01-28-2011, 02:53 AM
I'm hoping there will be an event that we could travel to. South Carolina area would be perfect.

Do the various events get posted on the boards here to follow?

I can't do a TX event, but a SC, NC or perhaps GA event might be doable.

I Hope events are posted somewhere.

Yolanda
01-28-2011, 06:49 AM
May 21 is the NC Weiner Roast.

http://www.ncwienerroast.com/

Lisa
01-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Not this year. :sosad:

Alex's Mom
01-28-2011, 08:00 AM
Yet again, no :pout:. My dad's 90th birthday is May 3 so I'll be going to Ottawa that weekend for the celebration. He moved into an assisted care facility yesterday so we want to make a big deal of his birthday (and really, 90 deserves a big deal!) cuz he's kinda bummed at the moment.

OwnedByDoxies
01-28-2011, 08:23 AM
I would soooo like to go but can't commit yet. I have my fingers crossed though. I'd love to meet other DLC'rs

lotsadox
01-28-2011, 09:14 AM
weeeelllll... I AM getting a $2,600 tax refund this year....... ;)

:crossfin::crossfin::crossfin::crossfin::crossfin:

bsquared
01-28-2011, 11:12 AM
Unless we hit Mega Millions or Powerball, I'm out for this year. :( We already committed to go to Iowa in August so our extra spending money is going toward airfare out there (Hey! I'm a poet and didn't know it). But if anything changes, you know I will be there. And anyone who is going, pleeeeeeaaaaaase let me know if that iron vendor is there again. I so regret not buying a dachshund sign while I was down there. :(

lotsadox
01-28-2011, 11:20 AM
The one big iron vendor is usually there. The smaller ones are sometimes there and sometimes not. Let me know what you want and I'll get it for you.

Yolanda
01-28-2011, 12:59 PM
The iron vendor was my favorite the year I was there. I bough and shipped back several nice peices.

Frzframe
01-28-2011, 01:45 PM
Nope for me again this year. It comes at a horrible time of year for me because of work. :pout:

bsquared
01-28-2011, 05:16 PM
The one big iron vendor is usually there. The smaller ones are sometimes there and sometimes not. Let me know what you want and I'll get it for you.

Thank you!! :cheer3: :hug99: I'll send you $ and money for shipping as the date draws closer. And you have free reign to shop for me because honestly, I wanted pretty much everything the vendor had. :rotfl: Although I really want a star with a dachshund on it. I have a thing for stars (barn stars; not super stars. HA!). And of course, if I hit the lottery, I'll be there and then everyone gets something from the iron vendor. :crossfin:

lotsadox
01-28-2011, 05:49 PM
Sure. I can get you whatever you want. We'll have the truck so we'll have room :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

ScarletBegonias
01-28-2011, 08:08 PM
I'm hoping there will be an event that we could travel to. South Carolina area would be perfect.

Theres a doxie race in Atlanta sometime in the summer, I meant to go last year but didn't have the money. Def gonna try to go this year.

Tex
01-28-2011, 09:47 PM
Of course we will be there. I'm assuming my mother will come up, but we will have a futon in the office by then, so that still leaves room for 2 at our house. And as always, weens are welcome :)

mistyleemom
01-28-2011, 09:54 PM
misty and i

alfina
01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Maybe next year for me

Fluffy
01-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I wish. I am really hopeful for next year though!!

Fluffy
01-29-2011, 06:39 PM

I know you said south, but there is also one in Kent Ohio in July!! I am going to try my hardest this year to meet Tracy (Anatresia) there at least for a day!

ebmw1975
02-04-2011, 10:00 AM
No for me :( but am hoping for a weekend away with my best girlfriend so no kids for her an no pups for me AND if anyway possible I want my high school best friend to come back east to hopefully get the southern bug& move back...if not I will go visit for a long weekend but this one is all dependent on divorce going thru..im not taking the risk. Of jerk hearing about it cuz he is a single male......so y'all are caught up with all my travel hopes lol!