View Full Version : Advice needed

squirrel818
03-18-2006, 01:30 PM
Weenie has an odd bump on his snoot. I just noticed it this morning and I'm sure it wasn't there yesterday. It's above his gumline and below his eye. I thought at first that maybe Cricket bit him, the snoot wars were pretty ferocious last night. There is no bite or puncture wound though. It's just a lump about an inch in diameter. I was thinking an infected tooth? His teeth look ok but wuld I be able to tell if he had an infection? Has anyone seen anything like this before?

lotsadox
03-18-2006, 01:38 PM
Hmmmm. . . Haven't seen anything like that before. If it's an infection, I'd think that it would be tender. Does he flinch when you touch it?

Miss Sweetums had an infected tooth and she wouldn't even let me touch that side of her face.

squirrel818
03-18-2006, 01:46 PM
Oh no I forgot to mention, it dosen't seem to bother him at all. Both dh and I pressed on it and he could care less.

Lisa
03-18-2006, 01:48 PM
If everything else is completely normal...energy, eating, no fever, etc then if it's still there on Monday go and have it checked out.

Even if no puncture, if there were face wars going on, most likely it is from that. But if he won't let you touch it and he shows any other signs of infection, don't wait and bring him in.

Lots of Weenie rayz :rayz: :rayz: :rayz:

Jen
03-18-2006, 05:16 PM
Could it be a bug bite? If he seems off in any other way, potty, food etc, and it doesn't change by Monday, I'd probably check with the Vet.

:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for Weenie, just in case!

Patt
03-19-2006, 01:27 AM
ITA it could anything from a bug bite to an infected tooth. If it's still there on Monday, I would have your vet check it out to be sure. Healing :rayz: :rayz: being sent.

oceangirls
03-19-2006, 11:09 AM
since it popped up so quickly I am also guessing either a bite or something infected... could be a cyst but I don't think it would show up that fast. I agree with everyone else, I'd probably check with the vet on Monday if it hasn't started to go down :)

rayz of course :rayz::rayz::rayz::bigrayz:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Is it possible a mosquito bit there? I know they can make some nasty welts when they bite.

squirrel818
03-19-2006, 01:00 PM
It seems to have shrunk overnight, but if it's not much smaller tomorrow we are going to the vet. I hope it's not mosquitos. It's only march and still pretty cold here, the pups haven't started their heartworm meds this year yet.

lotsadox
03-19-2006, 01:06 PM
It could be a spider bite. I know when I get any kind of bug bite I get a huge lump. Sending rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Mama S.
03-19-2006, 09:03 PM
Mega :bigrayz: on da mystery bump. Hoping that it is something as simple as Hershey's lump!
Sandi

Bella's Mom
03-20-2006, 02:20 PM
I've not seen something like that. Hope it's getting better! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: