PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have window gazers?

Goob
03-18-2006, 03:06 PM
DH bought me a chair like the one Chris had in his room (Chris told Bryan to buy me one so my butt would get out of HIS chair!! LOL). Well Bryan put in front of our big living room window. Well I NEVER get to sit in the chair, cause the Professor sits there and gazes out the window for HOURS. I mean HOURS on end, he sits and gazes. Any other window gazers out there? :scratch:

JanUet
03-18-2006, 03:10 PM
Nope! Not yet anyway!
I always have my curtains closed and they haven't figured out that they can sit on top of the couch and move the curtains with their nose to look out. :rotfl:

Looks like Bryan will hafta buy you a new chair! :lol:

Goob
03-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Looks like Bryan will hafta buy you a new chair! :lol:

Yes ma'am!!!!! :banana:

Helen
03-18-2006, 03:39 PM
Charlie doesn't have access to any windows, but he will go and sit by the gate that blocks off a hallway and at the end of the hallway is my room. He will just go and sit and stare down the hallway for no apparent reason. It's so weird. :scratch:

About a year and a half ago we took care of my parents' cat for a month or so. She and Charlie didn't get along, so she stayed in my room. We always say Charlie's looking for the cat when he stares that way. Goofy boy. :rolleye: :cool:

Anatresia
03-18-2006, 03:56 PM
My two would- they sit at the sliding door and stare out (especially if it's sunny) but i refuse to open the blinds of any rooms that face the front of the house. Rigby would BARK BARK BARK non-stop at anything she thought she saw! The professor has a much more subdued personality!:rotfl:

Jen
03-18-2006, 05:12 PM
We don't have furniture near enough to the window for Tasha to gaze out...

Its nice that the Prof has a new chair so he can contemplate the world as it passes by! Maybe he'll share it with you from time to time. :rotfl:

squirrel818
03-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I have a floor to ceiling window in my living room and the pups love it. They can sit on the floor right in front of it and bark at the critters. When they have a bed thats where it goes. The prof is so smart, my dogs don't have the attention span to do any one thing for 15 minutes let alone hours!

areese
03-18-2006, 08:12 PM
Laika does spend some time window-gazing. I had to get a cushion for this chair so she won't slip. And whenever any of us say "look...." or "did you see....?" in any context, she runs and gets on the chair and looks out the window. There are bird feeders out there and all sorts of critters have showed up there at some point.
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/squirrelhunting.jpg

lotsadox
03-18-2006, 08:40 PM
What an adorable picture of Laika! :hearts:

Cash sits on an ottoman in front of the french doors and looks outside for hours on end. He loves it! :banana:

Mama S.
03-18-2006, 09:30 PM
Hershey perches on top of the sofa and stares out the wondow into the backyard every night! Sam is trying to learn how but Hershman refuses to give ground!!
sandi

Red Haired Girl
03-18-2006, 10:27 PM
Low-la and Mitch perch on the back of the sofa and guard the perimeter. If anything should cross their demarcation line, they jump down and shoot out the doggy door into the backyard as fast as they can. All you hear is whuuuuump, whuuuuump as the door swings open and closed. I consider it exercise for them and me as I am the one that gets to wash the 'dog tinting' from the window each day so they have an unresticted view.

Patt
03-19-2006, 04:20 AM
Trixie perches on the back of the couch waiting for our return. :)

Alex's Mom
03-19-2006, 07:49 AM
I consider it exercise for them and me as I am the one that gets to wash the 'dog tinting' from the window each day so they have an unresticted view.
:rotfl: :rotfl: My house and car are totally recognizable by the doggie nose prints! I'm not as efficent in getting them off though...maybe once a month :rolleyes: Maxe was a window gazer extraordinaire! The window in my siggy pic was her favourite...I eventually turned the couch they're sitting on (more like a chaise longue) so that the back was against the window, and she'd sit up there all day long (literally) staring out the window. We lived in the country on the ocean at the time and there were often deer and other assorted wildlife (we even saw a lynx on one occasion) to bark at. Alex, on the other hand, will do the window gaze only if I'm in the same room,or when I'm out. It was great when we lived at my dad's cuz he had big floor to ceiling windows in every room...he called it dachsie TV, with LOTS of squirrel, deer and rabbit programming! :boogie:

Fluffy
03-19-2006, 07:39 PM
Buddy crawls onto the back of the chair in front of my door. If I pull the blinds up, he'd sit there all day and stare out! Heidi gets upset b/c she's too fat (and old) to jump up there to look out, but she does enjoy looking out the sliding glass door at my parents house...too bad it leads to the closed in porch :scratch:

Bella's Mom
03-20-2006, 02:38 PM
Bella loves to "gaze" out our living room window. It's a tall picture window so she stands up and puts her little paws on the window sill. It's the sweetest thing. She is great at letting us know when someone walks by, a leaf blows... :D

quavec
03-20-2006, 03:19 PM
At our house Cricket would rest his head on the windowsill and just gaze away.......but only if he had somethign to put his butt on...heaven forbid he sit on the tile floor. Since we are closing off the bcck porch and creating a sun room, I have a feeling this will end up being Cricket's room.

jenfer
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
Nope. Gigi likes to sit ON MY LAP. When we are in the car sometimes she will stand and look out at the window, which usually promptly follows by "DOWN, GIGI". :D

(hey professor, aren't you suppose to be gazing at GIGI's picture?) :rotfl: