PDA

View Full Version : Someone just shot my neighbors dog!

Red Haired Girl
03-18-2006, 07:09 PM
I was just out walking the 'kids' when we heard a gun shot then a dog yelping in pain. The next thing I saw was my neighbors dog running hell bent for home, dripping blood along the way! I told my neighbor that someone had shot buddy and he was hurt. He is taking him to the vet. I couldn't get close enough to see his injuries, but I think it was bird shot. If it was, it is going to be a real mess cleaning the poor fellow up.

Why shoot the dog? He isn't mean. he is just a big old lug Basset hound. It isn't his fault that his owner lets him run loose. What also ticks me off is that there are children that play in this neighborhood. Some people! I swear!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-18-2006, 07:16 PM
Tracy here are some rays :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for your neighbors dog--hope he will be ok.

lotsadox
03-18-2006, 07:17 PM
OMG! That's awful! I hope he's all right. I agree. Some people! :mad2:

Lisa
03-18-2006, 07:17 PM
OMG!! Did they call the police! That is so awful, I truly hope the dog is okay. Please keep us updated. Lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for the pupper.

JanUet
03-18-2006, 07:23 PM
WHOT! :shocked: Holy smokes!

Who would shoot a dog? Sending Mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to the poor pupper.

Please keep us posted Tracy.

Helen
03-18-2006, 07:35 PM
Wow. I hope the vet can fix up the dog. That's a pretty scary thing to happen in your neighborhood. Crazy people.

Mama S.
03-18-2006, 09:32 PM
May the individual with the gun earn a one way trip to HE**. I had an idiot years ago shoot my cat with a compound bow. THe cat slunk home with an ARROW sticking through her. I had his A** thrown out of the Army.
Here's extra :bigrayz: :bigrayz: that the baby is ok.
Sandi

Jen
03-18-2006, 09:38 PM
Oh no, poor Bassett, lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for him! Please let us know how he is. That's so scary--a bassett is NOT a threat to anyone! I hope the ****wad who did this finds himself on the other end of the barrel someday!

Red Haired Girl
03-18-2006, 10:10 PM
I won't know how he is until tomorrow. my neighbor is still gone with him. This scalds my behind - the guy that I think shot Buddy has 3 children and his dogs run loose! What a piece of work! As soon as I know how Buddy is I'll let you know.

The vet will report it to the police, even if Buddies dad didn't.

Helen
03-18-2006, 10:12 PM
The vet will report it to the police, even if Buddies dad didn't.

That's good to hear. Sending along more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: .

HotDogMama
03-18-2006, 10:15 PM
OMG!! How awful! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Big rayz for the poor fella!

Patt
03-19-2006, 01:17 AM
:holyshp: that is terrible, I hope they catch the guy. Healing :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: for the pupper.

Alex's Mom
03-19-2006, 07:53 AM
Poor pupper!! I can't believe someone would shoot a basset hound! May the guy rot in hell! (And be charged...)

alfina
03-19-2006, 07:56 AM
OMG, ths is terrible. I hope the poor pup is ok.

Lisa
03-19-2006, 08:24 AM
I am still really freaked out by this story. I hope the Bassett is okay!

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-19-2006, 09:49 AM
That is the worst thing someone can do to a sweet little dog!:sosad:
I hope Buddy is OK. I wish the guy that did it would have his dogs taken away! Sorry A$$ :mad1: :mad3: :bleep:

Otto'sMom
03-19-2006, 10:04 AM
How friggin ignorant :mad: I just hate people so much.

jennie_c_d
03-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Around here, if dogs go after livestock, they get shot. That's just the way it is. Everybody knows it. The police know it. Animal control knows it. It's just the way of thinking in this area.... Sad, but true.

I hope Buddy is alright, and his owners will rethink letting him run free.

K2
03-19-2006, 02:22 PM
OMG~that is aweful!! Sending mega :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Any news yet?

Fluffy
03-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Sending lots of :rayz: :rayz: :rayz: Buddy's way. I certainly hope the guy that shot the poor fella gets his too....what goes around comes around and Karma can be a real B***H!!!!!!!!

Jacqueline
03-20-2006, 12:31 AM
Around here, if dogs go after livestock, they get shot. That's just the way it is. Everybody knows it. The police know it. Animal control knows it. It's just the way of thinking in this area.... Sad, but true.

I hope Buddy is alright, and his owners will rethink letting him run free.

Maybe, but when is the last time you heard of a Bassett going after livestock? A juicy bone, maybe.

I would not hesitate to shoot any animal attacking me...but using buckshot on a dog is not self-defense.....and probably not the first stupid thing he did either. They need to find this jerk and charge him....and not give him some little slap on the hand, either. You know that if he had good and just cause to shoot the dog then he should have come down and told the owner....not just watch it run away.

quavec
03-20-2006, 10:43 AM
Any word on Buddy? Where we live now, there are always sounds of gunshots...and the kids wonder why I won't let them play outside in the evening (when most of the shots can be heard).

Hope Buddy is alright and whoever shot him is found. Our local law enforcement probably wouldn't do anythign unless he went after a human.

Jen
03-20-2006, 10:46 AM
I hope Buddy is ok--any update?

jennie_c_d
03-20-2006, 12:58 PM
Maybe, but when is the last time you heard of a Bassett going after livestock? A juicy bone, maybe.

Aren't the scenthounds? I don't know a lot of bassets very well, but I'd think that a scenthound wouldn't hesitate to chase a tasty chicken? I know my little scenthound would chase a chicken.

Bella's Mom
03-20-2006, 02:40 PM
OMG! That is just wrong! I can't believe someone would do that! Heaven help them if it was my dog!

Jacqueline
03-20-2006, 06:50 PM
Aren't the scenthounds? I don't know a lot of bassets very well, but I'd think that a scenthound wouldn't hesitate to chase a tasty chicken? I know my little scenthound would chase a chicken.

Well, I'll say this, if someone loaded Buddy with buckshot for chasing chickens, then someone ought to try putting the butt of the gun right between his eyes for him.

They can't seem to do anything about the d***** pitbulls chasing and attacking cattle down here....oh, they have rights, you know.....and until you take a really strong stand like I have about self protection, no one bothers to make them keep them under control when they attack people. So who ever shot Buddy is out of order. There was no prior warnings or complaints, apparently.....you don't shoot guns off in areas where children are playing.

I don't care if he did chase some stupid bird. He can come here and chase these dumb moscovies.

Red Haired Girl
03-20-2006, 07:38 PM
Apparently, Buddy is in the hospital. I have not seen him out and about and his dad is laying low. As soon as I get word I will post it.

Now, to clear up a few misunderstandings. This is not an agricultural area that I live in. It is a resort area, golf, boating, swimming, nature walks. The surrounding county is agriculture, but, here there are just mouldering retirees (not me, yet) and young families that vacation at mom and pops place. Buddy wasn't chasing anything. There is nothing to chase! It was just an act of cruelty. Plain and simple.:sosad:
I did notice today that the dogs down the street are tied - a first- since I think their owner is the one that shot Buddy. What a farce. He is just afraid of the law. in a week they'll be loose tearing up garbage again. :mad2:

laura
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
some people (it is mostly men, isn't it....hmmm) just love shooting their guns..makes 'em feel really big. Makes me sick...

Laura

Patt
03-20-2006, 08:13 PM
I did notice today that the dogs down the street are tied - a first- since I think their owner is the one that shot Buddy. What a farce. He is just afraid of the law. in a week they'll be loose tearing up garbage again. :mad2: Has anyone reported him?

I hope Buddy is okay and recovering nicely. :pray: :pray:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-21-2006, 12:16 AM
I hope Buddy is doing well. :pray: :pray: :pray:

Jacqueline
03-21-2006, 12:52 PM
:
I did notice today that the dogs down the street are tied - a first- since I think their owner is the one that shot Buddy. What a farce. He is just afraid of the law. in a week they'll be loose tearing up garbage again. :mad2:

Is this the first problem the area has had with this guy, or is he already a neighborhood bad guy? I would certainly talk to the police, and ask that they do an "area check" for the next couple weeks. They are usually very nice about doing this, especially after an incident like this. Get your camera out, set it for putting date and time on it, and photograph his dogs the next time they run loose. The animal control says a photo is worth a lot when they need to make a case.