PDA

View Full Version : I got an email from Dr. Shawn!

Jill
03-18-2006, 08:17 PM
:boogie:

Ok, so call me a big loser, but I am so excited. Does anyone else know who he is? :scratch: He is a naturally holistic vet. Here is his website: www.petcarenaturally.com

He has a weekly show on Martha Stewart's Sirius radio channel and I listen when I can. He talks about some great things. I got really interested when I heard a replay of his show with the author of the book, Food Pets Die For. It was a great segment. All you NV raw peeps will be happy to know that Nature's Variety was one of the recommended brands.

Anyway, as most of you know I am a freak about the boys backs. Researched supplement after supplement...I was curious to know exactly what HE thought...I knew he recommended the Vetri-Science products.

I went to his site and I sent him an email and he got back to me SO fast!!!

I currently give B&R these supplements with their food in the morning:
Multi-Source Glucosamine
Vetri-Disk
(those are both Vetri-Science products)
Multi-Vitamin

His suggestion was that only ONE of the Vetri-Science products was necessary, we didn't need both. Stick with the vitamin and add this:
www.pettogethers.net/healthypet
He said it's great for skin, immune system, and back/joints.

For you guys with older dogs he said if they were over 7 to use this:
Cholodin Flex

I know I'm a geek, I just thought I'd share. :D

LUVMYGUNNER
03-18-2006, 08:30 PM
Thats great-I always do some sort of research for my pups. Gunner and Petunia have been on vitamins and supplements since they are 6 and 7 months old. I got a lot of good advice from Dodgerslist.

JanUet
03-18-2006, 08:38 PM
I'm thrilled that I know A GEEK! :rotfl:

:thankyou: for all the info! You Big loser you! :hearts:

lotsadox
03-18-2006, 08:45 PM
Did Dr. Shawn tell you what the ingredients in these are? The website didn't seem to list ingredients. :scratch: I find that very strange.

Jill
03-18-2006, 08:57 PM
Did Dr. Shawn tell you what the ingredients in these are? The website didn't seem to list ingredients. :scratch: I find that very strange.

I found this on the website:

Small Dog- Daytime
Directions:
Give Your Dog The Appropriate Amount Of Petcentrx "Vim & Vigor" Formula Treats Each Morning According To Its Body Weight, As Follows:
Dogs Weight: Under 30 Lbs; Daily Amount: 1 Treat In AM
Ingredients: Maltodextrins, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Montmorillonite, Glucosamine HCL, Beef Liver, Whey, Dried Skimmed Milk, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Grain By-Products, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Dl-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Silica Aerogel, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Papain, Cellulase, Amylase, Lipase, Rutin, Amla,Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Co-Enzyme Q-10, Probiotics, Colostrum, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Copper Carbonate, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate Grape Seed Extract, Siberian Ginseng Root, And Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Small Dog- Nighttime
Directions:
Give Your Dog The Appropriate Amount Of Petcentrx "Vim & Vigor" Formula Treats Each Morning According To Its Body Weight, As Follows:
Dogs Weight: Under 30 Lbs; Daily Amount: 1 Treat In AM
Ingredients: Maltodextrins, Dicalcium Phosphate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Montmorillonite, Glucosamine HCL, Beef Liver, Whey, Dried Skimmed Milk, Brewer's Dried Yeast, Lecithin, Ferrous Sulfate, Niacin, Grain By-Products, Magnesium Stearate, Stearic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Dl-Methionine, Vitamin A Acetate, Silica Aerogel, Riboflavin, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Papain, Cellulase, Amylase, Lipase, Rutin, Amla,Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Co-Enzyme Q-10, Probiotics, Colostrum, Manganese Sulfate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Copper Carbonate, Potassium Iodide, Cobalt Carbonate Grape Seed Extract, L-Tryptophan, And Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Courtney
03-18-2006, 11:16 PM
You are speaking of Dr. Shawn Messionier right? He practices in the DFW area and I'm sorry to disappoint but he's known as a bit of a quack, capitalizing on fads just to make a buck. Like he advocated raw feeding, but I know people who have gone in there, and he has no advice and pushes kibble now. Stuff like that. And he's very expensive and doesn't spend a lot of time with patients. Lots of bad stories going round about him. I'd be very wary of what he is selling/recommending. :(

Patt
03-19-2006, 12:51 AM
:thanx: for sharing. Trixie is on Vetri-Disc and has been for 2 yrs, recommended by my vet. I don't know about the rest of your vitamins etc but I do know that Vetri-Science has good products because I used it on our horses with good results.

http://vetriscience.com/vetdisc.php

Jill
03-19-2006, 03:34 PM
You are speaking of Dr. Shawn Messionier right? He practices in the DFW area and I'm sorry to disappoint but he's known as a bit of a quack, capitalizing on fads just to make a buck. Like he advocated raw feeding, but I know people who have gone in there, and he has no advice and pushes kibble now. Stuff like that. And he's very expensive and doesn't spend a lot of time with patients. Lots of bad stories going round about him. I'd be very wary of what he is selling/recommending. :(

Oh no! That's too bad. :sosad:

Bella's Mom
03-20-2006, 02:16 PM
That's great that he responded to you. It's reassuring to know how dedicated he is.

Nancy
03-20-2006, 02:17 PM
wow, that is great jill! not geeky at all!