PDA

View Full Version : Gunner's Vet visit is today

Frzframe
02-28-2011, 09:36 AM
We leave in a few minutes for Gunner's trip to Kansas State Vet Hopsital for his final visit. He is still a little wobbly at times and still doesn't have his full tail wag back but he's doing great. He's so ready to be out of that crate and I think once he is able to really walk he'll get better because his nerve connections will be firing more often they get are now. :crossfin::crossfin::crossfin: that Dr. Baker says he's good to go.

areese
02-28-2011, 10:00 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner.
And you are right, once he is out and about more he will improve more quickly. Laika got better every day once she was walking more.

RustysMom
02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

lotsadox
02-28-2011, 11:00 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Gunner.

Amanda was still sort of wobbly when she first started walking, but got better rapidly once she was out of the crate and moving around more.

HokieMom
02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Good luck, Gunner!

Frzframe
02-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Okay Gunny was acting strange while at the vet. He wouldn't put his foot back into the normal position but just let it hang there. I think the resident didn't have him put weight on it so he just stood there with three legs on the floor and the other one which was knucked under off the ground a little. Once the resident left I did it and he turned it back over. Crazy dog. He has a little less feeling on his left side. He has more freedom but still not full freedom we'll work up to that in three weeks. He's a happy boy though since he'll get to be outside more and on a long lead so he'll have a little more freedom which he took full advantage of when we got home.

lotsadox
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
Silly boy! I did Bogart that way. I just gradually gave him more freedom. He really enjoyed it and I'm sure Gunner will, too. :cheer3::cheer3:

LexieLuvr
02-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Silly boy! I did Bogart that way. I just gradually gave him more freedom. He really enjoyed it and I'm sure Gunner will, too. :cheer3::cheer3:
That's what I did with Jack, too -- every week I'd increase his distance on his walks. If it looked like he was too tired, or his left back leg (his weaker one) was not placing itself properly, we'd go back home. To watch him now, you'd never know. Slowly and gradually is the best thing to do!:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: