PDA

View Full Version : Chuck and Mitch...updates?

Lisa
03-22-2011, 10:39 AM
How are the crate-rest boys doing this week?

michelehbc
03-22-2011, 12:35 PM
I think Chuck accidentally got set on "whine" He is so over it. I have him in the stroller next me while I watch TV and that helps. But he screams when I walk the other dogs, and he whines if he hears them playing or me playing with them. Poor Dude.

Lisa
03-22-2011, 12:39 PM
When I was playing with the others that is when I would break out the PB Frozen Kong for Pixel. I am happy the stroller is working though!! You are doing great. I know how tough crate rest is, especially once they start to feel better and get more mobile.

Have you seen improvement in his walking (on potty breaks)?

lotsadox
03-22-2011, 12:44 PM
Oh, yeah, Lisa. Once they get to feeling a little better they think they should be able to do everything. Bogart was pretty good the first week or so. It was after that that the fun started :rolleyes: And it was the same thing, Michele, when he couldn't be with the rest of us and do what we did that he got really bad. As long as he was near me, he was okay. You're doing great. Hang in there. It WILL end. Although sometimes with Bogart, I thought it never would :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Red Haired Girl
03-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Mitch is so - so. Today I cut his Pred down to 1 a day; tomorrow morning will tell the tale since he will be without it 24 hours at that point.

He is still really unsteady on his feet. Being a "manly man" he wants to lift his leg to pee but he can't. What he does is so freaking cute I'm going to try to get a picture of it - He picks a tree to pee on, then he leans against the tree and puts his hind leg that is closest to the tree straight out behind him. I guess in his mind the tree is providing Pee Assist.

Grandma has been keeping him on Lock Down. I rarely see him, she feels he rests better at her house :rolleyes: without the others getting him wound up. It really is fine with me. She feels useful and he luuuuuuvvvvs Grandma. His crate at her house is right beside her recliner.

I have been taking him out for a walk using the baby stroller I used when he hurt his neck. It is a combo Baby buggy/ stroller that is converted to Buggy mode. When he wants to get down to pee he will signal it is time to stop by pawing the edge of the basket. Otherwise, he is perfectly content to have his butt wheeled around.

He doesn't want anyone touching him or petting him and he will go right into his crate, so I am assuming he is still in pain or he knows he is hurt and can't protect himself.

lotsadox
03-22-2011, 06:11 PM
:crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: That he is doing okay tomorrow.

Bogart was always a shade antisocial so I don't know if he felt vulnerable or not. He never did much want anyone except myself and the DH around him. He was also weird and didn't like to go for rides in the stroller. In the house was okay and he rode in the wagon at Buda and seemed to like that. I guess he was embarassed to be seen in a "stroller" :rotfl::rotfl:

Lisa
03-22-2011, 07:33 PM
Mitch is so - so. Today I cut his Pred down to 1 a day; tomorrow morning will tell the tale since he will be without it 24 hours at that point.

He is still really unsteady on his feet. Being a "manly man" he wants to lift his leg to pee but he can't. What he does is so freaking cute I'm going to try to get a picture of it - He picks a tree to pee on, then he leans against the tree and puts his hind leg that is closest to the tree straight out behind him. I guess in his mind the tree is providing Pee Assist.

Grandma has been keeping him on Lock Down. I rarely see him, she feels he rests better at her house :rolleyes: without the others getting him wound up. It really is fine with me. She feels useful and he luuuuuuvvvvs Grandma. His crate at her house is right beside her recliner.

I have been taking him out for a walk using the baby stroller I used when he hurt his neck. It is a combo Baby buggy/ stroller that is converted to Buggy mode. When he wants to get down to pee he will signal it is time to stop by pawing the edge of the basket. Otherwise, he is perfectly content to have his butt wheeled around.

He doesn't want anyone touching him or petting him and he will go right into his crate, so I am assuming he is still in pain or he knows he is hurt and can't protect himself.

Pixel was on Pred for almost a month (2 x per day week one, once a day weeks two and three, then 1/2 pill daily, then 1/2 pill every other day) and he was on Tramodol for 4 weeks.

Glad he enjoys hanging with Grammy :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

michelehbc
03-22-2011, 07:47 PM
When I was playing with the others that is when I would break out the PB Frozen Kong for Pixel. I am happy the stroller is working though!! You are doing great. I know how tough crate rest is, especially once they start to feel better and get more mobile.

Have you seen improvement in his walking (on potty breaks)?

He has only had trouble walking once, the day we found the slipped disc. Otherwise he has not wobbled at all.

Alex's Mom
03-28-2011, 06:39 AM
SO glad that Mr. Chuck is doing well, even if he is driving you nuts, OneL!

How is Mitch doing now, Tracy? Any improvement?? Poor little guy :(.

Sending tons and tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: to both of you!!!

Red Haired Girl
03-28-2011, 04:35 PM
SO glad that Mr. Chuck is doing well, even if he is driving you nuts, OneL!

How is Mitch doing now, Tracy? Any improvement?? Poor little guy :(.

Sending tons and tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: to both of you!!!

He is driving us all insane. He wants to play, he wants to eat, he wants to pee, he wants to play, he wants to eat, he wants to pee. Those are the only 3 things he can think about.

He is down to 1/2 a Pred a day starting yesterday and seems to be doing OK. He is a little 'Stoner' - he gets better drugs than most people I know, so it is a little difficult to tell if he is really in a lot of pain or just his normal pain.

He does have one thing going on that I'm wondering about. He has always had Eastie/Westie front feet, but I noticed yesterday that his left front foot toes are very splayed when he is standing up. The right foot looks fine and his back feet are fine - it is only the left front. It looks like he has lizard toes. Any ideas?

lotsadox
03-28-2011, 04:50 PM
I don't know how significant it is, but I did notice that Bogart's front feet always seemed to be more splayed after his back incident. :dunno: It didn't seem to affect his walking or running, they just looked different than they had before.