PDA

View Full Version : Boomer Update post 11

Yolanda
03-23-2011, 07:41 AM
One of my foster dogs Boomer is headed to surgery this mooring. His right ear is totally closed due to calcification from years and years of ear infection. The surgery Ear Ablation is his only hope but is very expensive. I will be doing a Help Me piece for DRNA later to day for him

Please send many many :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer.

Lisa
03-23-2011, 08:21 AM
Lots and lots of surgery rayz for Boomer. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99: for his worried foster Mommy!

RustysMom
03-23-2011, 08:34 AM
oooodles of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer!

Let us know how the surgery went! :hug99:

lotsadox
03-23-2011, 09:33 AM
Sending tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer.

HokieMom
03-23-2011, 09:38 AM
Aw poor Boomer. It's hard trying to imagine how miserable all those ear infections have been. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer's surgery!

areese
03-23-2011, 09:41 AM
lots and lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for poor Boomer. I can only imagine the pain he has gone through with the chronic ear infections, poor boy.

RDavidP
03-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Lots and lots of :bigrayz::bigrayz: and :pray: for Boomer. I have seen his picture on the DRNA website, and was actually interested in him until adult supervision stepped in, i.e. the wife said three is enough for now. He reminds me of my Dumbledore, even down to having a skin condition. I will be interested in sending a donation to help him.

Alex's Mom
03-23-2011, 10:18 AM
Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer, Yo. That's the way that Jules was headed when I got her. Both her ears were totally crusted over and no amount of antibiotics, lavaging, ear drops etc. could clear out the infection. Finally, during her splenectomy, Laura cleaned her ears out COMPLETELY and she came home clean for the first time since I got her. Now she's on Surolan drops every day, and I clean them (she's getting a lot better now that it doesn't hurt) every 3-4 days. So Boomer will be feeling SO much better when this is done. I'll get Jules to talk to him :).

alfina
03-23-2011, 01:03 PM
I hope the surgery helps him out. Ear infections are so painful.

RDavidP
03-23-2011, 03:26 PM
I found his donation page at the DRNA website, and I have sent a donation through paypal.

Yolanda
03-23-2011, 04:09 PM
UPDATE.

So I go up to the surgeons office, after I referred up to him by my general vet, and he tells me the ear is not totally closed and surgery is not needed yet. He takes me over to see the Dermatologist and they say yes Boomer ears are calcified but not closed however are full of yeast and bacteria and they want to try him on medicines for three weeks. After the three weeks they are going to do a new laser treatment. Still expensive but not nearly as much as surgery would of been.

He was not a happy little guy and had to be muzzled for them to look at the ears. So we treat his ears and then go back again. Surgery is still an option but we are hoping otherwise.

areese
03-23-2011, 04:14 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: that the treatment works!!

lotsadox
03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: that the treatment works!

BTW, I had surgery on my ears years ago because I had the same sort of calcification also caused by having a lot of ear infections as a child.

K2
03-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Sending lots of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: Boomer's way. :crossfin: :crossfin: :crossfin: hope it works!

LexieLuvr
03-23-2011, 07:09 PM
TONS of no-surgery and get-well :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer! Please keep us posted. Poor guy must have been so miserable. Ear infections are AWFUL!

RDavidP
03-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Same here. Lot of no surgery :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Tanya
03-23-2011, 07:54 PM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Boomer! I hope the meds work, and he doesn't need surgery! :crossfin:

Patt
03-24-2011, 01:17 AM
Sending mega ear :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: to Boomer. I hope the treatment is successful and surgery not needed. :crossfin: