View Full Version : Where the HE** is Shadow????

Mama S.
03-19-2006, 09:12 PM
SO no one freaks out - this has a happy ending.

I go to church this morning. Come home to find Jamie on the front deck cleaning the vacuum filter. He's cleaned house!! We go inside and are chatting while I change clothes and we notice - NO SHADOW. :scratch: HEAD COUNT - 1,2,3,4,5..5...5... WHERE IS NUMBER 6??
OUtside call her name. Nothing, back inside cal her name. nothing. Back outside SCREAM HER NAME> Nothing. J is starting to panic. I had it out with a dog owner Friday afternoon. J's convinced Shadow's gotten out of the fence and has been picked up, He gets in his truck and starts driving the neighborhood. It's only been 10 minutes since he saw her last, she can't be that far. I'm outside screaming her name, freaking out, wandering the yards. Nothing. He comes back, parks his truck and we walk to the neighborhood in case he missed something driving. Nothing.
He is now spazing :scared1: :huh: He goes back in the house calling her name.
Nothing.
THen he spots my closet door is closed. He opens the door and gets bowled over by one very happy Shadow. Evidently nosey rosie went into the closet with me when I changed clothes after church and I never spotted her. I locked her in the closet when I shut the door and she never made a sound.
Meanwhlie Jamie is on the front deck, her in his arms - tears streaming down his 200+ pound face! Who says a construction worker is ALL burly he man? Not when it comes to a man and his puppy!!
Sandi

areese
03-19-2006, 09:28 PM
OMG that must have been so scary. I'm SO glad it was ok in the end..

Otto'sMom
03-19-2006, 09:33 PM
See what you get for going to church?:rotfl:

Glad everything worked out, cripes, what a panic attack.:shocked:

lotsadox
03-19-2006, 09:51 PM
OMG you must have been so scared! :shocked: I had a similar thing happen several years ago. We had just had Miller a few weeks. I come home from a meeting, drive the car in the garage and the dogs come out to greet me. I had some stuff in the car that I was getting out and taking in the house. I change clothes, etc and realize NO MILLER! We are out on the golf course screaming for him, I'm starting to panic. I head back to the house to get a flashlight and some shoes. As I go in the garage past the car I see a frantic Miller jumping up and down in the back seat! :banana: He must have gotten in the car when I was taking stuff out and got locked in. I was so happy to see him I just hugged him and walked around the house holding him and giving him kisses. I can relate, Jaime, I had tear running down my face, too. :sad3:

Jacqueline
03-20-2006, 12:09 AM
That sort of thing just drives your heartbeat into overdrive, doesn't it? So glad that you found Shadow before you totally freaked out.

The girls daddy would have a heart attack if something happened to one of his girls.....so I understand perfectly about J.

Taffy has followed me into the closet a number of times....so when she is missing, I look there first. There's so much to see in there for her....she would never complain.

You know, I see all these ads for covers for the tags, so they don't make noise when the dogs walk....I LIKE that I can track mine by sound. Have been tempted to bell Taffy. Give Shadow an extra hug and tell her not to scare her parents to death again.

Patt
03-20-2006, 03:33 AM
Oh boy that is awful, I've had that happen. You scream and scream their name and they never answer any other time they are barking their heads off. I'm happy to hear all ended well. :)

LUVMYGUNNER
03-20-2006, 09:03 AM
That is wonderful news.

K2
03-20-2006, 09:09 AM
Awww.....Papa loves his Shadow!!! That must have been too cute to bear! :hearts:

HotDogMama
03-20-2006, 10:22 AM
:relieved: Close call!! Glad everything is ok now!!

Jen
03-20-2006, 10:52 AM
Wow, poor Shadow, trapped in the closet, hearing you call her name. Weird she didn't bark or anything--scared of the dark?? Glad it all ended well!