PDA

View Full Version : Dehlia needs support

Yolanda
03-20-2006, 07:24 AM
Everyone please :pray: :pray: for my wonderful little foster Dehlia today as I seriously consider letting her go. I adore this wonderful old girl and knew I would not have her long but ....... this is too soon.

She is not eating again and this morning I had to use a suringe to get some pedilyte down her. It changes from day to day. One day she eats and the next day nothing.

Thank goodness, I am not doing this alone. DRNA has a great support system and the board members are all very understanding.

Bottom line is as a rescuer I am here for the puppers and need and will do what is best for her and not be selfish.

JanUet
03-20-2006, 07:30 AM
Sending Dehlia all the loving :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: she needs to complete her journey or chose to stay with you a bit longer. I :pray: for her with whatever decision is made.

You have done so much for her Yolanda. You will know when it is time to let go and so will Dehlia. Please give her a smooch and a Lil squeeze from all of us! :hearts: :hearts:

You will both be in my thoughts today :hug99:

Please keep us posted!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-20-2006, 08:52 AM
:pray: :pray: Prayers and rays:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you Yolanda.

Alex's Mom
03-20-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh Yolanda! My heart is :heartbk: for you and for little Dehlia. I agree with Janet, she'll let you know when it's time. I am so glad she found you to love her and to help her cross the bridge at the end of her long and not always happy road. Alex and I are holding you both close in our heart today and always. :hug99: and :candle2:

areese
03-20-2006, 09:10 AM
I know you will do the right thing and know if it's time.
I'm so so glad she got to get some love and spoiling before her journey continues.:angel7:
YOu are the best!

Rae
03-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Oh Yolanda- I am so sorry she is fading fast. I kow they say it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all, but DRAT you have been through this so many times I am sure your heart is heavy and tired.

:bighug: for you and :candle2: for Dehlia.

The time will come for all of us, and I dread it.

Mama S.
03-20-2006, 10:19 AM
We all know that you will make the right decision when the time comes. That being said, it aint no easier. I know your heart is hurting but just be filled with love and peace knowing what a wonderful Mommy you are being to her on her final leg of life. Hugs to you both.
Sandi

Jen
03-20-2006, 10:54 AM
What a hard time this is Yolanda. And I know it never gets any easier. I agree with the others, I think Dehlia will let you know when she needs to go. And she's a lucky girl to be with you for her final days, so loved and well cared for! :bighug: you give so much to the doxies! :angel7:

HotDogMama
03-20-2006, 11:04 AM
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :pray: :pray: for the pretty girl!!

Courtney
03-20-2006, 12:12 PM
Many many :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for you and her Yolanda! I know whatever you decide, she will have gotten the best of care and love in her last days.

jennie_c_d
03-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Yolanda, I'm so sorry that she's not doing well. She'll always remember you, and she'll be waiting for you at the Bridge, when you get there. She'll be telling all the other puppers what a GREAT Mom you were, and how you gave her the best stuff, and loved her SOOOOO much in her last time here.

oceangirls
03-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Such a tough situation - I remember my mom going through it with our Amber. Some days are better and some days are worse, but you start to realize it is time. Whatever decision you make will be the right one, Yolanda. Thanks for loving this little girl.

Bella's Mom
03-20-2006, 01:58 PM
I will keep little Dehlia in my prayers. Please take comfort in knowing you are providing her comfort and love in her final days. :pray:

Patt
03-20-2006, 08:18 PM
I am so sorry I'd hoped she would have a little longer, I guess it's not meant to be.:sosad: My thoughts and :pray: :pray: are with you and Dehlia at this time.

Sophie and Lili's Mom
03-20-2006, 08:23 PM
Oh Yolanda, I am so sorry she is having a rough time.

Frzframe
03-21-2006, 01:40 AM
I'm so sorry she isn't doing well. :( :please:

lotsadox
03-21-2006, 09:34 AM
I'm so sorry that you didn't have longer with Miss Dehlia. :sosad: Sending rayz for Dehlia and a :bighug: for you. I'll keep you in my prayers. :pray:

Alex's Mom
03-21-2006, 10:20 AM
How's she doing today, Yolanda?