PDA

View Full Version : Update on Max

blueyezz74
04-10-2011, 01:15 AM
So he's been on crate rest for about a month. We are now down to acupuncture once a week and then after next week it might be another 3 weeks before she wants to see us back. Tomorrow is the last steroid we need to give him. The hollistic vet I take him too said to keep the extra pills if i ever see him doing this again, start them ASAP even before decided on going to the emergency vet. That's good because we have 2 containers full from the surgery last year.

My little Max is starting to move really good on his potty breaks. i normally walk behind him and support his rear. He's so small that they sling they gave us covers his who underbelly. Someone morning when I just woke up, he walks right out of my hands on his own. He still stumbles when he goes too fast. He's made some good progress. Hopefully more coming. :cheer3:

HokieMom
04-10-2011, 07:44 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz: for continued improvement for Max!

Rafi
04-10-2011, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the update, these little guys are feisty, we had to put a harness on pixel so we could control speed. Otherwise he would have bolted and he wasn't quite ready for it.

Lisa
04-10-2011, 09:02 AM
:thankyou: for the update Donna, I have been thinking about your little guy. That is great progress!

I have been getting acupuncture on my wrist for carpel tunnel and wow what an improvement after 3 weeks so I can totally see how it does help doxies after disc trauma.

Yay Max! That is a very positive update. I am looking forward to reading more and more successes. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

lotsadox
04-10-2011, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the update, these little guys are feisty, we had to put a harness on pixel so we could control speed. Otherwise he would have bolted and he wasn't quite ready for it.

I had to do the same thing with Bogart. The little snot was wanting to run as soon as he could stand. :shocked:

I"m glad Max is doing so well :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

Rae
04-10-2011, 01:46 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: for Max.

I remember when Duchie had been on crate rest and was jacked up on Prednisone. She could only stagger like a drunken sailor but DANG she was a fast drunken sailor!! and I think given the chance she could have jumped over the house. :)

:bigrayz: for continued improvement and thanks for the update!

Yolie
04-10-2011, 01:47 PM
Yay Max! Keep that progress a comin!:cheer3::cheer3:

Yolanda
04-10-2011, 01:50 PM
Exciting news.

One thing you could use for a sling is a pair of old pair of panty hose. They work really well.

Lisa
04-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Ooooh great tip Yolanda! I also use a very thin tensor bandage. I never thought of nylons.

blueyezz74
04-10-2011, 05:34 PM
For supporting his rear I also use an old scarf. He tends to pee on it alot though.

I can see the difference from his first acupuncture appointment. He barely felt the needles in his lower back and back legs. Now every needle is drama. I have to pretty much hold him the whole time. At the end we end up looking for the needles stuck to me.

He also thinks he's ready to run around everywhere.

:thankyou:

Sorry I took so long to post am update. We are short at work and I've been working at least 50 hours a week the last few weeks. Plus I have a paper due in a week.

Alex's Mom
04-11-2011, 07:21 AM
Great update!!!! More :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99:. Yup, Acupuncture is an amazing thing!

LexieLuvr
04-12-2011, 07:10 PM
I had to do the same thing with Bogart. The little snot was wanting to run as soon as he could stand. :shocked:

I"m glad Max is doing so well :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:
That was Jack! He was trying to run the first few days after surgery!! More recovery :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: