PDA

View Full Version : Pixel - Update

Lisa
03-20-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, I was stressing out all morning, so I left work...what did I come home to find.....a perfectly happy little tail wagging dog! My vet already thinks I'm a paranoid freak...he is going to LOVE this one...ummm, yes I'm here because my dog couldn't walk at all this morning and now 7 hours later, he is JUST fine. I still want him to look Pix over just to make sure there is nothing.

But I am wondering, do dogs legs fall asleep? Could that be it, the way he slept might have caused his front paw to fall asleep and that why he didn't want to put any pressure on it?

Thank you all for the magic rayz, I can't tell you how much comfort they were today!!

Courtney
03-20-2006, 01:41 PM
Well, that is GREAT news!!! I hope he is still OK and that the vet visit goes well. Pixel you silly dog!

Michelle
03-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Yeah!!, I'm glad he is OK, Yes, I think dogs legs can fall asleep just like ours
I bet that is what happened!!, Better to be safe than sorry,,

Mama S.
03-20-2006, 01:43 PM
Well if you are a paranoid freak - add me to the list right along with you! They just don't understand! I'm sooo glad that he seems to be doing ok but I ditto check him out anyhoo - never know.
Sandi

lotsadox
03-20-2006, 01:44 PM
CC used to have that happen occasionally. I never figured out whether it fell asleep or she jumped on it wrong (she was a flying dachshund) or what. I'm glad that it he's feeling better. It probably isn't anything serious, but never hurts to be sure. :banana: :banana:

Jen
03-20-2006, 01:47 PM
Whew, I'm glad he was acting normal again, but ITA with Patrice, its a good idea to get him checked out!

And what good dog parent isn't paranoid? :scratch:

areese
03-20-2006, 01:51 PM
It's happened to me before too...I dunno if their legs fall asleep but I suppose it's possible...
Laika has limped BADLY for hours until I call the vet and invariably when I get there, there is nothing wrong and she's walking fine and all happy and saying thank you mommy for letting me visit Dr. Bobby again! (she loves the vet)
Scouty (the pig) was limping SO badly on Saturday it seemed he could hardly walk...very unsteady and so I'm thinking ok...gotta make some decisions here (he's 15 years old) and yesterday I take him out for a walk with the dogs and he's TROTTING and walking just fine. He does lay around the majority of the time in the winter (in his heated pig house) so I was thinking maybe he had a foot/leg fall asleep or something like you said.

Bella's Mom
03-20-2006, 02:27 PM
SO glad to hear Pixel is better! Maybe his foot did just fall asleep?? Our puppers will turn us gray before our time!

quavec
03-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Great news :appl: and who cares if the vet thinks you are paranoid....we don't!

K2
03-20-2006, 02:50 PM
That's great news!!!!

I belive dogs legs do fall alseep. Just this weekend, my mom was telling me that while they were watching Pippit for the week I was away, he got off the chair and started limping and then wouldn't stand on one of his legs. My mom said to my dad, "She's going to kill us!" I guess Pippit kept this up for a good 10-15 minutes while my parents were freaking out. And then he was fine and running all over the house again.

Goob
03-20-2006, 02:52 PM
Somehow I missed your first post. :scratch:

I'm thrilled that he's doing better. Maybe a pinched nerve?

Here's some for good measure. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

jenfer
03-20-2006, 02:58 PM
I am glad he is ok now. :)

Alex's Mom
03-20-2006, 03:06 PM
That's great news!!!!

I belive dogs legs do fall alseep. Just this weekend, my mom was telling me that while they were watching Pippit for the week I was away, he got off the chair and started limping and then wouldn't stand on one of his legs. My mom said to my dad, "She's going to kill us!" I guess Pippit kept this up for a good 10-15 minutes while my parents were freaking out. And then he was fine and running all over the house again.

So glad it all turned out ok! :cheer2: That happened to me with Alex a couple of months ago. I waited about 1/2 hour, and when it didn't go away, I called the vet and made an appointment to bring her in that afternoon. Uh-huh, you guessed it! An hour later she was just fine! Laura (my vet) also thinks I'm paranoid, but ITA! Goes with the job of being a good parent, as far as I'm concerned! And I totally believe that my paranoia is why Alex is still alive today! Better to get something looked at and be told it's nothing, then to leave it and have it turn out to be something serious!:cheer2:

Lisa
03-20-2006, 03:22 PM
Back from the vets:

He did agree that most likely his front paw fell asleep, but, he also said because Pixel is so bow-legged (front and back legs), he is built more like a bassett than a doxie he wants him back on glucosamine / chondroitin daily because it could be an early sign of arthritis.

Pixel got a very thorough exam and is down 1 pound :cheer2: :cheer2: and only has one pound to go. I complained that I have been brushing his teeth everyday and his fangs still have massive tartar buildup that I can't get off, so he grabbed a scrapper and cleaned both of Pixel's fang teeth for me. :D

Glad I brought him to the vets, thank you again for all your rayz - you guys are the best!! :gphug1: :gphug1:

lotsadox
03-20-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm so glad it was nothing serious. :banana: :banana: Great news on the weight loss! :cheer2: :cheer2:

HotDogMama
03-20-2006, 03:27 PM
:cheer2: Yay Pixel!! I'm glad everything went good for you!! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: for another pound to go!!

Patt
03-20-2006, 03:28 PM
Whew, I'm happy to hear it was nothing serious. :)
Hooray for the weight loss. :cheer2: :cheer2:

oceangirls
03-20-2006, 04:53 PM
a few more rayz :rayz::rayz::rayz: for insurance.

JanUet
03-20-2006, 07:48 PM
:woohoo: Good to know that the BLB is Okay!

What a wonderful vet to get out the scrapper for you and scrape away that bad tartar build up for you and Pixel!

:bighug: to you Lisa and a Giant Smooch :kiss: for Pixel

laura
03-20-2006, 07:51 PM
That happened to Harold....depending on what leg it was, with harold it was his front leg and he had a disk in his neck that was slowly leaking the stuff in between the disks. It paralyzed him temporarily. The specialty clinic we went to says they see this a lot.

Tanya
03-21-2006, 12:26 AM
I am glad Pixel is doing well and losing weight!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

What a scare! Tell Pixel that is not funny! :shocked:

Anatresia
03-21-2006, 08:50 AM
So relieved that it was nothing! I'm sure Pixel loved all of the attention, though!!! :hula1: