PDA

View Full Version : Piper Man Plays Ball Too!

Tanya
03-20-2006, 04:37 PM
I am on my way to having two “Ball” dogs! After all this time of watching Peaches obsess over tennis balls, Piper is starting to take a real interest in playing fetch with the ball…not in the obsessive “I am going to die if you don’t throw that ball” way Peaches is, but he gets pretty excited. :banana:

I have to be really excited to keep him motivated, but he’ll run, get the ball, bring it back, and drop it. He doesn’t always drop it right next to me, but if I can’t reach it I just send Peaches to go get it for me.

Peaches is also being very good about letting Piper play…as long as she is getting a steady stream of tosses. When she is on her way back to me with a ball, I throw one for Piper. Then when he is on his way back, I throw a ball for her. Sometimes she beats him back!? :scratch: Well, he kind of trots while she runs full speed ahead.

I am so happy he is starting to play like this. If you haven’t noticed in the pictures I’ve posted, Piper is a little bit chunky. So, this is great exercise for him. He’ll never be scrawny like Peaches because he does truly have a larger bone structure, but he could stand to lose about 1.5 - 2 pounds.

Go Piper Man!!! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

oceangirls
03-20-2006, 04:43 PM
Not our cute little Piper!! Can he maybe get Angel motivated to do something other than stand in the kitchen and tackle Cassie before she can return the ball to me when I throw it? :D

I'll wait patiently for "Piper & ball" pictures...

Jen
03-20-2006, 04:55 PM
:banana: Yay, lots of ball playing at your place. P&P's ball relay--sounds exhausting for the human too!!

And Kim is right, we're awaiting pics....

Tanya
03-20-2006, 05:17 PM
Well, I can’t take pictures as I have a ball in my hand at all times. However, I can probably set the camera up on the tripod and get some video if you don’t mind hearing a high pitched voice repeating over and over…”Come on Piper! Drop it Piper! Good boy Piper! Peaches, get your head out of the bucket! Piper, stop eating the ball! Peaches, calm down! Peaches, go get the ball for Piper! Piper, bring me the ball! Peaches, stop running over Piper!” :lol:

Mama S.
03-20-2006, 05:28 PM
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: that my dear is the BEST kind of video!!! So glad that Piper is getting ball playing down! Sam is the only one in my house truly interested in playing ball. The others will chase a toy if you throw it but as soon as they have it - game over. Sam will bring it back! Kinda!!
Sandi

areese
03-20-2006, 05:29 PM
That's so cool. I wish my dogs liked balls...Laika only likes the BIG BALL and Owen thinks balls are the tools of the devil or something. Once last fall Laika was fetching apples (yeah she'll do THAT but won't put a ball in her mouth)that I was throwing and one bounced and bonked Owen in the head. That's all it took I guess.
So you gonna do flyball with Piper too?

Tanya
03-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Right now, Piper’s excitement for the ball isn’t quite high enough for Flyball. However…never say never. If he shows enough interest, I’ll definitely let him try. Right now he really needs me to be super excited for him to play. I could be in a coma, and Peaches would still try to get me to play! :banana:

Also, Piper needs to get through obedience first!

LUVMYGUNNER
03-20-2006, 08:50 PM
Petunia is just now starting to play with a ball or Frisbee she just wants to sit and watch Gunner :rotfl: she has to loose about 2 lbs.:pray:

K2
03-21-2006, 09:21 AM
He doesn't want Peaches to get all the attention~or balls!! Hopefully you'll be able to get some actions shots!

lotsadox
03-21-2006, 09:40 AM
Go, Piper! :sausage: Scooter is the only one of my crew that will chase a ball. With the others I throw the ball and say "Go get it" and they look at me like WTF? You threw it, you go get it" :lol:

Linus
03-21-2006, 12:38 PM
Sheesh, T!! You are going to have one REALLY built arm! :lol: Yes, we definitely need some video!

Bella's Mom
03-21-2006, 02:39 PM
WTG Piper man! And what a sweetie Peaches is to share with him. :cheer2: