PDA

View Full Version : We tried pork tonight

Mama S.
03-20-2006, 08:38 PM
and boy did they love it! Got a big package of pork necks that had tons and tons of meat on the bones. It was $4 and I got 2 meals for the herd out of it. Not too bad at $2 to feed 8 dogs!! Had to eventually take Aurora home to her Daddy with her piece because she was more intent on guarding it from everyone else than eating! I left her crunching happily with her Daddy and his roommates shaking their heads and muttering *dang dogs eat better than we do:rotfl: :rotfl:
Will see how bellies react! I love this raw!
Sandi

JanUet
03-20-2006, 10:03 PM
:yay: They loved the pork! :yay: Pretty cheap to feed the herd!

I must say that my 2 love their RAW chicken. Please let us know how the bellies are overnight.

Jen
03-21-2006, 12:06 PM
Sounds like a good dinner for the puppers. What, no pics? :scratch:

Michelle
03-21-2006, 12:45 PM
I gave Heidi and Princess a pork neck bone last week and they really liked it, I tried to give them the ones with the most meat on them, sometimes they can be all bone and almost no meat. They are very cheap.

Glad to hear that they liked it so much!!!!!!

:appl: :appl: :appl:

Courtney
03-21-2006, 01:29 PM
Great news! Look for pork shoulder too - I can often find huge ones (8lbs) for like $5 or 67 cents a pound or so. You have to chop it up but it's a great cut of cheap meat. Pork is a staple here!

Mama S.
03-21-2006, 02:09 PM
I was a bit worried when they turned their noses up at the liver. Still gonna get some more and freeze it like you said Courtney. Pig heart?? Where do you get that?? Grocer or butcher??
Sandi

Michelle
03-21-2006, 02:15 PM
I get my pig hearts from a local meat packing place. I have never seen them
in the regular grocery store, so maybe a regular butcher that sells just meat..