PDA

View Full Version : The Good, The Bad, and the No Don't Eat That!

Dijon04
03-21-2006, 10:22 AM
Let's start with the good....before i could only get mikeyd to walk through his airline carrier like it was a tunnel.....yesterday he finally got zipped up in it and was calm and rational....didnt whine or bark or anything...i was proud...

the bad...and not really mikeyd's fault....the neighbor's across the street got a puppy...a puppy that apparently can fit through the fence...a puppy that they dont have the common sense to bring inside...poor thing wants to play...mikeyd wants nothing of it...so the dog is following me and mikey i'm trying to pull my dog in the other direction away from the puppy and the puppy keeps coming towards us....so i had to take my dog home put him inside...ring the neighbors doorbell and hand over the dog...(btw mikey def did not want to play...he would have attacked)

finally the eating...he somehow got hold of a bar of soap...munching on it under my bed....also i was eating dinner on my bed...watching my soap operas and damn dog climbed on the bed acting all sweet and innocent and soon as i turned my head my chicken fried steak (more than 1/2) was GONE!...yeah i'm not done....later that evening i found him eating oatmeal out of one of those little packets...dry oatmeal...why???? i have no idea where he even got oatmeal??? :scratch:

oceangirls
03-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Congratulations on the good, sorry about the bad (hopefully it won't be an ongoing problem :( - maybe once the puppy grows a little he won't fit through the fence!!), and as for the eating ~~~~~

1. Chicken-fried steak - my only question is I wonder why he only managed to eat half of it :scratch: . He'll need to work on his speed! :D
Never trust a dachshund acting all sweet & innocent.

2. Oatmeal - I have no clue, except that it was there (somewhere) and he was hungry.

3. Soap - Cassie loves soap. If allowed in the bathroom, her first act is to jump in the tub and start licking the soap. Apparently it's a dachshund delicacy :liplick:

Lisa
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
I know I wasn't supposed to, but your post made me :lol: especially the eating part! Amazing how they get a hold of the weirdest things! At least chicken and oatmeal are good for him (the sugar in the oatmeal pack might make him a little hyper though).

Good for you for pulling MikeyD away from the puppy :appl: :appl: :appl: you did exactly what you were supposed to, remove him from the situation. Poor puppy, I hope his parents learned their lesson and will fix the holes in their fence. It really wasn't bad....MikeyD doesn't need to love everyone, if he has some socialization issues, you can work on them with a trainer. But I know small puppies scare the sheep out of Pogo and he does not take to them either, but put a human in front of him and he has never met one he doesn't like.

That is excellent about his carrier. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

quavec
03-21-2006, 12:05 PM
I, too, had to :rotfl: at the title and story. Great job on protecting that little puppy.

And I agree, soap must be a dachsie delicacy. Cricket loves it. Prefers ivory.

Jacqueline
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
I was afraid you were going to say Mikeyd did worse than filch half your food when he got up on the bed.....after eating the soap. :shocked: I think you and your sheets lucked out. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Never ever turn your back on a doxy near food. They are faster than the eye can see, lol.

Looks like you have now taken on responsibility for the pup next door. If it's owners don't do something to keep it confined to their yard, what are you going to do? It's not fair for you to have to keep dragging Mikeyd away....and not fair to him either.

lotsadox
03-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Ah, yes, dachshund stealing food! :banana: It happens. Cash is one of my better behaved dogs and the other day I left my plate on the table and got up to get more water. When I turn around Cash is on my chair eating off my plate! :shocked: Cash, who is usually the Good Boy! Just goes to show you can never trust a dachshund when food is involved. :banana:

Dijon04
03-21-2006, 01:20 PM
you know its the sad little eyes that are so trusting...and he does what we call "the chin thing" where he'll rest his chin on your leg or something ....mostly when he wants food...makes him look all sweet and innocent...:please:

well i dont know what i'll do about the poor little dog...what scares me is he/she? doesnt even have a collar or anything? no idea if its had any shots or what....i guess we'll see what happens...dogs getting out of their yards is a big problem on my street....

that and now that mikeyd knows where the puppy lives he wants to go over there ....actually he's determined to investigate and mark every house on the block...:scratch:

Mama S.
03-21-2006, 02:17 PM
Has he started pooping bubbles yet?:rotfl: My guys have to be locked out of the bathroom if I take a bubble bath. We have a garden tub with a step in frnont of it, they will literally stand there on the step and try and drink the bubble water :vomit: What is it about soap??
Hersheybar has learned to climb onto the dinner table chairs and he'll walk under the table cloth then poke his silly head out from underneath as if to see if the coast is clear! Maybe, if I can't see you you can't see me:rotfl: :rotfl: I :hearts: DOXIES!!
SAndi

Jen
03-21-2006, 02:18 PM
Tasha likes soap too, licks our hands like crazy after we've washed with Ivory liquid.

I know about the chin thing too--hard to resist!!

Good for you for rescuing him from the puppy. Tasha loathes puppy--too much energy and no manners!

Bella's Mom
03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Never a dull moment with a dachsie in the house! :bounce3:

Kerie
03-21-2006, 03:07 PM
I think Oscar has a degree in the chin thing. He is so good at it and will do it in the cutest ways!! Also, some of my favorite pictures that people have posted on here are dogs doing the chin thing!

Just thought I'd share--Oscar does not eat bar soap but he does love to lick my hands or legs if I have used lotion (and I LOVE scented lotions, so there is always something fun for him to try to do).

The, "No don't eat that" is a constant battle in my house. In my own mind now it has become, "no don't put that where the dog can get it."

Dijon04
03-21-2006, 04:45 PM
The, "No don't eat that" is a constant battle in my house. In my own mind now it has become, "no don't put that where the dog can get it."

yeah i'll be the first to admit we are a bit cluttered...but i think the cats like to get him into trouble...we have 6...and they tend to climb on everything and swat stuff off....then he can hardly resist and runs off with it....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v249/angelafaith04/skeeterptyhat.jpg

guilty much?

areese
03-21-2006, 06:02 PM
3. Soap - Cassie loves soap. If allowed in the bathroom, her first act is to jump in the tub and start licking the soap. Apparently it's a dachshund delicacy :liplick:[/QUOTE]

Laika has a soap thing, too. Although she doesn't eat it... Everytime we go to a motel, she first snorks and rolls all over the beds, then checks the edge of the bathtub where they often leave a little wrapped bar of soap, which she unwraps, puts on the bed, and rolls all over it. Very strange...:scratch:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-22-2006, 10:39 AM
My Shadow "found" a bowl of chicken 'n' rice my sister put on the coffee table & left unattended:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: She said "I need you to throw this out, Shadow was eating out of it when I looked back over there. He had his nose in there chowing down!!!"
I asked her did you think you can actually leave food alone with a Dachshund?
What were you thinking? And his fave is chicken 'n' rice!!!

oceangirls
03-22-2006, 01:12 PM
Laika has a soap thing, too. Although she doesn't eat it... Everytime we go to a motel, she first snorks and rolls all over the beds, then checks the edge of the bathtub where they often leave a little wrapped bar of soap, which she unwraps, puts on the bed, and rolls all over it.

Maybe she is saying the hotel bedding needs to be washed!! :shocked: Smart Laika!!

HotDogMama
03-22-2006, 04:48 PM
I can't stand free runnin pups, apparently they all love my yard for some reason!! I have to do the same thing, make her go in and return the merchandise. :sosad:

Molly's toiletry of choice is Lotion too!! She likes to tear up soap bar paper, but hasn't gotten hold of a whole bar yet.