View Full Version : What about Raw Turkey Necks??

Michelle
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Has anyone given Raw Turkey necks??, I wonder if those would be better
than the chicken necks since they are much smaller and could possibly be
gulped down without much chewing, but the Turkey necks are really huge!!

Anyone,, Anyone tried these??, Courntey????

Courtney
03-21-2006, 01:28 PM
Yep, I do feed turkey necks. They ARE big and therefore much better than the chicken necks because the dogs have to work to eat them and won't just gulp them. I would recommend feeding additional boneless meat with them, though. I do that, cut one in half and feed it along with a little beef heart or organ meat, and things are fine. Last week though, I just fed Napoleon an entire turkey neck and it was too bony. He was constipated, poor guy! So keep in mind that it's going to be a LOT of bone!

Michelle
03-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Thanks for the INFO, I will make sure to cut them in half, I have lots of pig heart in the freezer and pig liver so I can feed them half a neck and some pig hearts,,

The Turkey necks are so cheap I just love it, same thing with the Pork neck bones, but I find those to be a bit too bony so I let them eat the meat off and eat just half of the neck bone and then take that away from them.

Heidi got constipated once and I hated to see her have to go through that again!

JanUet
03-22-2006, 11:24 PM
I've only given Casey and Sophie Turkey necks at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
They were very difficult to break in half. Doug used a meat cleaver!

I have not ventured into the organ meats yet. I tried that a few months back (remember Courtney) they both got diarrhea (sp?) and their stools were black :yuck: