PDA

View Full Version : The vet found Daisy's records!!

Jacqueline
03-21-2006, 04:07 PM
I got a call today from the vet listed on the paperwork from the HS, and they found Daisy's records. They had a call from the people who adopted her brother, Lucas. The people who adopted him are changing his name, but since his name is less common than Daisy, it made it easier to find their records.

She is just a puppy, born 6.27.05. They must have been feeding her nothing but canned and soft foods, for that amount of tarter to have built up. I am feeding her kibble, brushing her teeth and giving her bones, which she just loves. I will probably take her in for a dental in a month or two...have talked to a vet about it.

She is UTD on all her shots, and yes, was spayed. It's so hard to imagine someone spending the money to buy littermates from a breeder (could not have been cheap) having them s/n, getting all the shots, and then 6 months later...leaving them because they are moving. Where do you move that you don't take your doxies? Why would you? Glad they did. They did not have the sense to not leave them outside in the Florida heat in the summer months, and these guys just babies.

Also good to know that her brother's new parents care as much as I do. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Frzframe
03-21-2006, 04:26 PM
That's great news! Glad they were able to locate the paperwork so now you know all about the care given to your little girl. :cheer2:

Jen
03-21-2006, 04:37 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: That's wonderful news!! Daisy is just a baby, and spayed too. Its a shame her teeth got so bad so fast--I assume this is the permanent teeth and not the baby teeth. Its great to have her birthdate too! I was lucky enough to get a copy of Tasha's records from her previous owner's Vet and so I too know her birthday, a rare thing with a rescue!!

lotsadox
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
Great news! Now you know about her and even have a birthday for her! :boogie: Hard to figure some people. :scratch: Would they leave their kids behind when they moved?

Patt
03-21-2006, 06:55 PM
:cheer2: :cheer2: Yay, I'm glad they found her records now you know for sure that she has been spayed. As for her teeth maybe it was the food or could be genetics. Unfortunately this is a "throw away" society, pets are the first to go. You are both lucky, you have found each other!! Here's to many happy loving years. :hearts: :hearts:

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-22-2006, 10:30 AM
:appl: YaHH!!!!:cheer2: Glad to hear the good news!!!! HooRayy!!!:cheer2:

Rae
03-22-2006, 10:33 AM
I love a happy story, and I am so glad Daisy found her forever home with so much life and love left! :hearts: She really hit the jackpot, and it sounds like Lucas did too.

Alex's Mom
03-22-2006, 10:42 AM
:cheer2: :cheer2: So glad it worked out...now you have an excuse to throw a birthday AND a gotcha day party!!

oceangirls
03-22-2006, 01:54 PM
That's great news!! I'm glad you have more information. Those teeth will improve with your brushing and bones!

Now she has an excuse for any misbehavior, "Aww Mom, I'm just a puppy!!" :D

Michelle
03-22-2006, 02:28 PM
It's so hard to imagine someone spending the money to buy littermates from a breeder (could not have been cheap) having them s/n, getting all the shots, and then 6 months later...leaving them because they are moving. Where do you move that you don't take your doxies? Why would you? Glad they did. They did not have the sense to not leave them outside in the Florida heat in the summer months, and these guys just babies.
Also good to know that her brother's new parents care as much as I do. :cheer2: :cheer2:

Yes, that does make you wonder, how they could spend that kind of money because buying littermates together is no cheap thing to do. We bought Heidi and Princess as littermates and spent $1,000 for the both of them, then not to mention the rest of the shots and the spaying, although we got our spaying free. But still that is a huge chunk of change to put down for a pet that you are going to just leave behind cause you are moving :shocked:

These are not the kind of people that really love dogs like we do. I think they buy the dogs as a novelty, as if to say , Yeah, we have dogs, but they are not true dog or animal lovers because you all know, our furbabies are our life!!. My goodness, I could never think about giving them away to anybody. They become part of the family..

Its good to know though that Daisy found a great doxie lovers home and so did her brudder Lucas since his new mom and dad were helpful in getting the vet info to you.

Have you thought about getting the name and address of Lucas mom and dad so Daisy and him can stay in touch, believe me they will remember each other!!. It would be nice if they are close to you and you could arrange play dates on occasion :banana:

Bella's Mom
03-22-2006, 02:43 PM
So glad Daisy found her way to you! :hearts: She'll be loved and cared for in her forever home.

Mama S.
03-22-2006, 02:55 PM
GLad that you got the records and have a birthday!!! One more celebration!!!
SAndi

Chris
03-22-2006, 06:22 PM
having them s/n, getting all the shots, and then 6 months later...leaving them because they are moving. Where do you move that you don't take your doxies?

That doesn't surprise me, sadly. I bet they got weenie fever after seeing how cute dachshunds are on the commercials, etc, etc. and didn't know what they were in for personalitywise for their size. If they are not prepared for a big dog secretly hidden in that little body and think a dachsie pup is a passive lap sitter because of the size, they have the wrong type of dog for them.

Our Ollie was almost the same thing....all shots up to date, the former owner had him neutered and the whole bit. Not a flea on him. And at 6 months he was surrendered to rescue. The curious thing also...he was neutered at Animal Control so I think she might have adopted him at the pound herself, unless she went to the clinic through there to begin with and got him somewhere else.

Chris

Jacqueline
03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Our Ollie was almost the same thing....all shots up to date, the former owner had him neutered and the whole bit. Not a flea on him. And at 6 months he was surrendered to rescue. The curious thing also...he was neutered at Animal Control so I think she might have adopted him at the pound herself, unless she went to the clinic through there to begin with and got him somewhere else.

Chris

The animal shelters will s/n before they adopt them out usually, or require that you have it done, if they don't have a vet available. Taffy was spayed at animal control before they adopted her out.

It's really cool that I know the birthdays of both my kids. Taffy's is 12/12/04 and Daisy's is 6/27/05

Chris
03-23-2006, 10:54 AM
All his shots were done at a local vet practice. She gave his shot records to the rescue. I wonder if I called that vet i could find out more - if he had an exact b.day but if she got him from the pound than maybe not.

That is so cool on the b.days. The rescue estimated Ollie's b.day and the lady that founded the rescue's birthday was about the right time so she decided that they would share a birthday! Alex was born on May 12, 1999, and he came into our lives October 31, 2000.