PDA

View Full Version : Scratch, Scratch, Scratch

lotsadox
06-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Would you know it? The one week that my vet is closed because she's moving, Cash has started scratching. I started him on the supplements that the vet gave me the last time he got the seasonal itchies, but it didn't seem to be working yesterday, I got some Benadryl and started him on 1/3 of a 25mg Benadry twice yesterday. It does seem to be helping. If this doesn't stop it, I'll up it to 1/2 twice a day. Would you know, as soon as my vet who rarely even takes a vacation is closed, he's start itching? Please send some anti itch rays. My poor boy is starting to scratch out his pretty fluffy coat :sosad:

Alex's Mom
06-03-2011, 09:58 AM
Poor guy!! Wen sends him his condolences, cuz he's going through the same thing. I have to keep him on a low dose of prednisone during the seasonal itchies time. Pollen's just coming out here so really bad!!! Tons of anti-itch :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: coming your way! :hug99:

Opaleyz
06-03-2011, 10:42 AM
More anti-itch :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: on the way!

Lisa
06-03-2011, 10:46 AM
There is a really good all natural spray (if it is coat / skin related). Of course I can't remember the name :faint: Give me a minute and I'll see if I can come up with it.

Lots of anti-itch rayz. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Lisa
06-03-2011, 10:48 AM
This is the shampoo (sorry the pictures are ginormous).

http://www.petedge.com/assets/product_images/styles/large/EQ10616_600X600.JPG

Spray:
http://www.petedge.com/assets/product_images/styles/large/EQ10516_600X600.JPG

This is their avocado mist, which is also fabulous and helps manage the coat / itching (but not as good as the shampoo and spray, which work almost instantly).
http://www.petedge.com/assets/product_images/styles/large/EQ10816_600X600.JPG

You can order them through pet edge, but some doggie groomers carry the line as well.

Tex
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
Anti-itchy rays for Mr. Cash!!!!

RustysMom
06-03-2011, 11:51 AM
Poor Cash!

Tons of Anti-itchy :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: coming

lotsadox
06-03-2011, 12:25 PM
Thanks, Lisa. If the Benadryl doesn't take care of it until I can get him to the vet, I'll see if I can find some of that. It doesn't have cortisone in it, so I'll try it. I had a bad experience with Bogart with an itch shampoo with cortisone. I used it because it was supposed to help itching and it gave him hives and made him itchier :wtf2:

HokieMom
06-03-2011, 12:30 PM
My Mom's Toy Fox Terrorist is going through the same thing with the scratching. There's not a red spot, bite, anything at all on her skin. It's just *scratch* *scratch* *scratch* and it's driving me nuts. I'm sure it is her too.

I give her 1/2 of a 25 mg benedryl twice a day (that's what the vet had me do for Millie since she's allergic to the Lepto in her shot).

I also started her on 500 mg of fish oil a day. Millie gets one too - she thinks it's a treat.

After about a week on the benydryl and a few days on the fish oil, I swear I think the scratching has slowed down a lot.

It has to be a seasonal thing. We haven't changed their food and only the TFT has the itchies - not Millie. (Thank goodness)

Good luck with with itchies. I'll send some anti-scratching rayz your way! :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

lotsadox
06-03-2011, 12:44 PM
Cash's is seasonal. I think it's allergy related. He went thru the same thing last fall. The Benadryl does seem to be working, he wasn't nearly as itchy last night. I'm hoping this will get him by until my vet reopens next week.

LexieLuvr
06-03-2011, 01:27 PM
More anti-itch :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: coming your way. My Lexie has problems with the weeds in our yard in the spring, too -- she sneezes, but luckily doesn't scratch much.

K2
06-03-2011, 01:34 PM
I can sympathize. Pippit is scratching, too. We are going the Benedryl route. Pippit's is seasonal. Hopefully we can all stop the scratching/chewing. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: