PDA

View Full Version : Guess who is sitting next to me on the couch?

Opaleyz
06-23-2011, 05:09 PM

lotsadox
06-23-2011, 05:25 PM
:scratch::scratch:

:dunno:

Opaleyz
06-23-2011, 05:50 PM
hint: check the forum section this thread is in ;)

areese
06-23-2011, 05:51 PM
crate rest all done??
But I'm sure you dont' want her jumping off the couch?????!!!

Opaleyz
06-23-2011, 06:10 PM
Yes, Amy--Lili had her follow-up appt. with the vet today. The vet said she's good to go as far as gradually letting her get back to normal levels of activity. She and Jasper won't be allowed to play together for a couple weeks yet, so right now he's actually in his crate. But she's allowed to have a couple 10-15 minute walk-abouts in a room in the house each day (gradually increasing them as time goes on). She's also allowed to stay quiet by me on the couch or in a chair. I'm going to be retraining her (and Jasper too) as far as getting on/off the couch--they won't be allowed up or down without help. We'll still be using the x-pen in the yard for a while -- I don't want her getting back into her bad habit of jumping at the neighbor's fence, so I need to figure out what I'll do eventually about that, but the x-pen will work for a couple of weeks yet anyway (we've actually been using the pen for both dogs--at separate times--b/c of the lightning strike that caused some tree branches to crash down on our back fence, since it isn't secure and the landlord hasn't been able to get it fixed yet).

She really wants to play with Jasper :sosad: but that's not going to happen for a couple of weeks.

areese
06-23-2011, 06:16 PM
I'm so glad she's better!!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: Just keep in mind (re: couch) that all it takes is a knock on the door or sudden noise for her to launch herself off and I know you don't want that to happen

Opaleyz
06-23-2011, 06:23 PM
I'm so glad she's better!!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: Just keep in mind (re: couch) that all it takes is a knock on the door or sudden noise for her to launch herself off and I know you don't want that to happen

Me too! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: And I'm definitely being careful. May eventually try and find a small stool she can use as a step (we don't have the space for a ramp) but for now it's picked up/put down.

Lisa
06-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Yay Lili, that is fantastic news. :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

LexieLuvr
06-23-2011, 07:46 PM
I've gone the "pick up, put down" route with my Jack, too. It doesn't work 100% of the time, but it's a lot better than jumping down. I'm so glad she's better!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

K2
06-24-2011, 06:48 AM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:Great news!!!!:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: