PDA

View Full Version : Update on my foot

Goob
03-23-2006, 09:35 PM
Hey all.... As I get older I enjoy very much discussing my ailments! I wanted to give you all an update on my foot. It's getting better slowly, and today I went to a sports chiropractor (who ran our Injury Prevention Clinic a few weeks back). Well, he specializes in foot/ankle/knees/hips in athletes. I talked about the symptoms and he determined that it's NOT a sprain, like the other doctor said. Long story short, he did some magical adjusting on my foot and it's feeling 75% better. He asked if everything else was ok and I said "besides my sinus headache, I'm fine" and he proceeded to pop something in my neck and the headache went away w/in like 2 minutes. He's awesome! The best part? His fee is $20 - but for anyone from Team in Training you pay him $20 for his service, and he then writes you a check for $20 towards your fundraising!!!! I'm going back to see him on Monday. In the mean time, I continue to swim and bike for my "recovery training". :bike: :SwimB:

Oh, and the spider bite on my leg is finally getting better, and the scab from the burn on my hand is gone! :D

LUVMYGUNNER
03-23-2006, 09:59 PM
Great news about your foot Karen.

JanUet
03-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the update! Only took you a week to give it to us! :mad:

I'm happy to know that your foot is better. Your spidey bite is improving, but I didn't know about the burn!!!!:shocked:

Sending you tons of :bigrayz: :bigrayz: to help the healing process on your ailing body.

Goob
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I'm happy to know that your foot is better. Your spidey bite is improving, but I didn't know about the burn!!!!:shocked:

Lets just say, chex mix doesn't need to be cooked at 450. :confused:

lotsadox
03-23-2006, 11:55 PM
OMG Karen! :shocked: I didn't know about the burn either.

I'm glad your healing well. Sending more rayz for further recovery :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Patt
03-24-2006, 12:48 AM
OMG girl, you are having a terrible time. I'm glad your little body is improving each day. Sending get well :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

quavec
03-24-2006, 10:23 AM
I'm worse than ANYONE here. I didn't know about any of this :scratch: what's up w/that?

Well, glad the foot is better, the burn is improving and the spidey bite wasn't ....well, too bad.
:bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Oh, and I've found out that as we get older, talking about all of our various ailments is the highlight of our day - just ask Rae! :rotfl:

K2
03-24-2006, 10:40 AM
Glad to hear you got some relief! The Little Modette that could.....just remember that. Sending more :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: and :hug99: too!

Mama S.
03-24-2006, 11:09 AM
OK Will someone point Mama to the posts about her chile being burnt, bite and foot banged up??? I am clearly missing something somewhere... Arrggg...
Well now Missy girl, I hope your bite, burn, boo boo is allll better soon!! Good news about da Doc! WHich reminds me I need to leave you a lil something towards your goal - never enuff hours....
Sandi

Jen
03-24-2006, 11:23 AM
Well I remember the burn being mentioned briefly, but not the foot or spidey bite.

Glad you found a wonderful low cost doc! I could use someone to make my sinus headache go away!!

jenfer
03-24-2006, 12:40 PM
That's an awesome doctor! :bigrayz: :bigrayz:
Take care of yourself and of course my SIL and "pawis hilton" :lol: (uh... the professor said it's ok to call his sis that. :scratch: )