PDA

View Full Version : Storms are scary

RustysMom
08-15-2011, 01:58 PM
It's been a quiet posting weekend so I thought I'd share a picture of Rusty.

I don't know why but storms never bothered him until this year! He used to sleep through them and now he shakes and licks. Saturday night it stormed and he wouldn't stop pacing so I put him in his new take a long bag that we really haven't had use for, until now. He enjoyed being in it and he fell asleep as long ad I stood there and rocked him LOL!

I'm a mess! Don't look at that!
http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4e142-5e29-9911.jpg
http://tapatalk.com/mu/c6e4e142-5e3b-6943.jpg

lotsadox
08-15-2011, 02:00 PM
Awww, how cute. :love98:

Scooter was never bothered by storms until the last year or so. I don't think I could put him in a sling and carry him though. :rotfl::rotfl:

Rae
08-15-2011, 02:15 PM
Awww, how cute. :love98:

Scooter was never bothered by storms until the last year or so. I don't think I could put him in a sling and carry him though. :rotfl::rotfl:

Get the crane, Patrice!!!

Luckily Duchie's advancing years have rendered her hearing not so good so the storms don't freak her out like they used to. :)

lotsadox
08-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Get the crane, Patrice!!!

Luckily Duchie's advancing years have rendered her hearing not so good so the storms don't freak her out like they used to. :)

That happened with Amanda also. As her hearing and vision got worse, she didn't know it was storming and didn't get upset at all :)

RustysMom
08-15-2011, 03:26 PM
Good one Rae, get a crane! LOL! sorry Scooter.

Rusty will be 5 in sept, dont know if its age or what but they sure do bother him now. I was thinking of getting him thunderwear too. I need to find the video Lindsy ? posted of a bandage wrap as one.

AmyinFL
08-15-2011, 04:23 PM
So cute!! Been storming a lot here too. Yesterday it killed my AC unit. :( And girl, I wish my kitchen was that clean! Even with constant scrubbing it never gets there.

LexieLuvr
08-15-2011, 04:42 PM
Awwwwwwww - poor guy. My furgirl has hearing loss, too, so storms don't bother her any more. She used to hide in the farthest, darkest spot she could find when it stormed. Now she doesn't care; of course, we've had so few storms lately that it wouldn't have been a problem anyway! Dang drought!!! Love your "shoulder bag" and contents! I have a t-shirt like that, too, with a dapple doxie on it - got it at Wal-Mart! So cute!!!

Alex's Mom
08-15-2011, 04:49 PM
You know, we really do love our dogs :hearts::hearts: :hug99:

I've never had to deal with the story scaries :crossfin:, but I've seen other dogs who are like that. Glad you found a way to deal!!

Lisa
08-15-2011, 05:43 PM
So cute! :love98: :love98: :love98:

Anyone who has met Pixel knows how crazy noise sensitive he is. It freaks me out because he goes so nuts. He has been tangled in the wires behind our computers during a storm.

p.s. I posted Linsey's video :)

Halonic
08-15-2011, 08:08 PM
Shiloh and Sadie usually sleep (er, perform guard duty) on the couch while I am at work. My daughter is usually home during the day. She can't get them to leave their guard duty posts at all unless she bribes them with pepperonis.

But....you just let it thunder outside and Shiloh makes his new guard duty post under her bed.

Rae
08-16-2011, 09:48 AM
Hal, at my house when Duchie gets under the bed we call it "dust bunny patrol."

Halonic
08-16-2011, 10:11 AM
I get so tickled at my wife. Remember that she never grew up around dogs. One day she said, "all those dogs ever do is sleep."

I had to explain to her that they were worn out from working guard duty all day while we were at work. Dust bunny patrol is hard work too.

yourmomsage
08-16-2011, 10:26 AM
My sweet Sunny girl would have loved to be in a carrier next to Mommy during storms--but since she was a 60+ lb. Black & Tan Coonhound, I would have had difficulty with that! Her fear of storms was more than hearing them--she would start trembling hours before the storm arrived.

My sweet girl went to the Rainbow Bridge last week, after 13 good years and a brief battle with cancer and congestive heart failure. I really miss her! I am glad that her suffering is over, though. She's at the Bridge playing with my childhood doxies, Princess & Buffy.

Mama S.
08-16-2011, 04:24 PM
ooohhh I can do that for my puppy mill baby Mikey! He is so very afraid of storms. He is even willing to go into the nether regions of PJ's man cave if my bedroom door is shut:shocked: to hide:(
Who is our resident sling maker?????

RustysMom
08-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Sandi. It's a take a long bag from doxie delights that I have in the pic