PDA

View Full Version : rayz for Mika please

Kasianni
09-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Going to the vets again tomorrow with Mika she has blood in her urine again. It was only 3 months ago that she had the bladder infection, I don't understand why its back again. Mika never had one in 5 years! Mika also had 2 shots of antibiotic (which last 2 weeks each) and she was also on metacam. Has any of you had this issue with your pups? I really don't get why its back, are these types of infections hard to treat/cure? Mika is acting fine, eating, playing, running around. I hope she has no stones, please send her rayz and pray she has no stones. Is there anything I can do to help get rid of it? Of course she is going tomorrow but I mean anything to help this issue and for it not to come back again.

Lisa
09-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Lots and lots of rayz for her. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Yes, she needs a vet visit. Her urine might be too alkaline. I would ask if they have a urine testing kit so you can test her daily.

I looked at my Dr. Pitcarins book, it recommends bottled water, with a wee bit of tamari (it is an amino acid). For one month give 250mg of vitamin C 2 x per day, vitamin E (100 IU) and vitamin A (pumpkin or liver).

I personally would also recommend making her food for a couple months. If you are feeding kibble, dried food need to reconstitute to process, which is sucking water out of her. It does not have to be raw food, just a balanced homemade diet or a high quality canned food.

LexieLuvr
09-11-2011, 06:32 PM
Oh, no. Poor thing!!! :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Kasianni
09-11-2011, 06:49 PM
Lots and lots of rayz for her. :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Yes, she needs a vet visit. Her urine might be too alkaline. I would ask if they have a urine testing kit so you can test her daily.

I looked at my Dr. Pitcarins book, it recommends bottled water, with a wee bit of tamari (it is an amino acid). For one month give 250mg of vitamin C 2 x per day, vitamin E (100 IU) and vitamin A (pumpkin or liver).

I personally would also recommend making her food for a couple months. If you are feeding kibble, dried food need to reconstitute to process, which is sucking water out of her. It does not have to be raw food, just a balanced homemade diet or a high quality canned food.

I will try those suggestions. Should I ask the vet about the vitamins or are they safe for all dogs? I have vitamin C in the house, in pill form, but I think they are flavored, would that hurt her?? Mika loves pumpkin and has had it many times so that is not an issue, they both already drink bottled water so that is good. I made her drink a lot of water today, all I had to do was add a tiny bit of low sodium chick broth, hardly any actually and she drank lots. Thanks Lisa for the help, I appreciate it as always.

lotsadox
09-11-2011, 06:57 PM
Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

You might want to discuss why she is getting these infections with your vet and I'd go with Lisa's recommendations also.

Alex's Mom
09-11-2011, 07:20 PM
ITA with both Lisa and Patrice...you need to find out why she's having these infections cuz they could be symptomatic of a low grade infection somewhere else in her body. Maybe some bloodwork is in order? But sending tons and tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: your way...keep us posted, Kasia, ok? :hug99::hug99:

Lisa
09-11-2011, 08:08 PM
I give human grade supplements, but READ THE BOTTLE (not just for you but to everyone who gives supplements!!). The vitamin B12 I bought from a health food store has xylitol in it!! If it is a flavored supplement you must read the bottle under "other ingredients".

That being said, I have also seen dog treats with nutmeg in it :rolleyes: so I always read everything before the dogs get it.

Lisa
09-11-2011, 08:10 PM
I also think you need to keep up that level of drinking for a couple of days to try and flush everything out. And yes, you should always ask your vet about supplements and make sure that they will not interfere with the traditional drugs he/she prescribes.

Rileybugg
09-12-2011, 02:43 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::hug99: