PDA

View Full Version : Salsa running snooker

areese
09-12-2011, 09:57 AM
had to share this cuz she is so darn cute....
running snooker during our three day extravaganza of agility and camping (still recovering)

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/?action=view&current=StoneyCreek09-09-11SalsasSnookerLevelC.mp4

HokieMom
09-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Dat little bug is sooooooooooooooo adorable! And talented too! :hearts:

RustysMom
09-12-2011, 10:40 AM
:cheer3::hearts::hearts::hearts:

Barb
09-12-2011, 10:59 AM
That is so totally adorable !!!! And I am breathing hard watching you run all over !!! You both are awesome !

LexieLuvr
09-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hearts::hearts ::hearts:

yourmomsage
09-12-2011, 01:49 PM
So much cuteness and energy in one tiny little package! Salsa is a dynamo!

Rae
09-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Made of awesome and filled with win. Both of you.

Her liddle tail wags the WHOLE time.

Leetle bug... :love98:

Alex's Mom
09-12-2011, 03:00 PM
:faint: :hearts::hearts: She's enjoying herself SO much!! (You know, I think I'd rather run a Bug sized pup than a big dog...much less exertion on your part...very civilized!! :rotfl: )

samandissy
09-12-2011, 03:10 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

:appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl::appl: :appl:

alfina
09-12-2011, 04:59 PM
OMG. I have no idea idea how you memorize the order of the obstacles! Wow! That's so awesome.

areese
09-13-2011, 07:46 AM
:faint: :hearts::hearts: She's enjoying herself SO much!! (You know, I think I'd rather run a Bug sized pup than a big dog...much less exertion on your part...very civilized!! :rotfl: )

yeah...and snooker is more about steering and control because it's not a set course, except for the end where you do a numbered sequence (2-7..hopefully). In the opening part you have to do a red jump, any numbered obstacle, a different red jump, any obstacle, another different red jump, then any numbered obstacle (sometimes the numbers are more than one obstacle-in that run number 7 was two jumps and a tunnel so you have to do all three for the points). You plan that before you runit, during the walk-through. Then you start your closing, which is 2-7. If you get that far, cuz you have a certain amount of time to do this in. You need a certain amount of points to qualify. Salsa, being so tiny, is very efficient at snooker because she can be easily steered between obstacles and can wrap around the jumps extremely quickly. So say a fast border collie will be doing those same jumps and landing 4 feet past them, scrambling to get back to the next and so on and so on. We could end up with the same points and time because Salsa has no wasted yardage at all in that run. I will take some credit for that because I did handle it well. But she rocks at snooker because she can run so efficiently. It's really the only game or run that we have an advantage in, as long as there aren't a lot of contact obstacles (a-frame and teeter are often in snooker) cuz those take her extra time. I like planning my course a lot. The highest amount of points you can get is 52, by doing three 7's in the opening. which is always difficult, cuz that's the point of it. But sometimes I do it with Salsa if it's jumps or tunnels, just to give people something to watch. That run was one 7 and two 6's in the opening. 7 being two jumps and a tunnel and 6 being two jumps.

Rafi
09-13-2011, 09:34 AM
:hug99:Love the little bug