PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Las Vegas? **Update

Frzframe
09-21-2011, 11:50 PM
I had a friend post on her facebook page the following:

The labs in the posted picture were rescued and rehomed by my friend. This was in Topeka. She received a call today telling her they are at a shelter in LAS VEGAS!!!!!!! They will be put to sleep on Saturday, so we are desperately trying to find a rescue or anyone who could help get them out of the shelter. They are a both 8 years old, but still have plenty of life left in them. If you can repost or spread the word, I would appreciate it. Please click the photo for more details.

If anyone knows of anyone who can help please email me at frzframe@yahoo.com.

lotsadox
09-22-2011, 09:03 AM
OMG, that's awful! I don't think we have any members in the LV area. Vicki Ferrarro was in that area. IF you can get ahold of her, she might be able to help you.

areese
09-22-2011, 09:45 AM
maybe contact Barb and see if she can contact Vicki??

Frzframe
09-23-2011, 01:52 AM
I don't know what is happening with these guys. They were chipped that is why the woman was called. This is so sad and one of my nightmares that could happen to one of my foster dogs. :(

lotsadox
09-23-2011, 09:19 AM
It is a nightmare. Dachshund Rescue of Houston has had a dog end up in AC. He was adopted to a retired NUN. She decided it wasn't working and instead of contacting DROH, she gave him to a friend. It's pretty bad when you can't trust a NUN :shocked:

Patt
09-23-2011, 09:38 PM
Shonda, I sent this to a "flagging friend" in Vegas, possibly she can help.

Patt
09-23-2011, 09:49 PM
Shonda,
I heard from my contact in Vegas. Can you tell me where to find the pictures, and their story. She will forward it on to her contacts.

Sent you a PM.

Frzframe
09-23-2011, 11:13 PM
I sent you a PM back Patt. About the only thing I could do is pass along the emails to my friend who posted it for a friend of hers. I hope she checks FB soon. Still no update on them from her. :(

Patt
09-23-2011, 11:25 PM
Yikes... I hope this works out. I have to work tomorrow so I won't be available. If the person in Vegas will let me send you her email addy, could you two work together?

Frzframe
09-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Yikes... I hope this works out. I have to work tomorrow so I won't be available. If the person in Vegas will let me send you her email addy, could you two work together?

Yes I will pass it along to the friend of the friend. I wish I had her (my friend) phone number. :(

Patt
09-23-2011, 11:43 PM
Yeah there is not much time left. :(

Patt
09-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Another PM sent. Sorry for so many messages.

Frzframe
09-23-2011, 11:49 PM
PM back at you.

Patt
09-24-2011, 02:44 AM
Guess that's it for tonight. I hope you get a reply from your friend soon, and it's not too late for the Labs.
Do shelters usually put animals down if they have already contacted the guardians? I know Lied in Vegas does put them down quickly, but I would think there would be a little more leeway with microchiped pets. Or maybe this is another "forgot to update the chips" story. :(

Frzframe
09-24-2011, 01:39 PM
I got this update on the labs.

Update on Ozzy and Woody, the two labs left at the Nevada shelter after being adopted earlier this year in Kansas! They were taken from the shelter yesterday and are now safe!!! Thanks to all wo helped with suggestions and phone calls to get them out before the deadline!!! :)

:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

lotsadox
09-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Great update! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:

LexieLuvr
09-24-2011, 05:15 PM
So happy to hear this!!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: