PDA

View Full Version : My silly dogs

areese
03-25-2006, 11:34 AM
Laika sits up so strangely-she sits right on her butt with her legs sticking out in front of her, not up on her haunches like a meerkat like Owen does.
And the longer she sits...she sorta compresses so she gets shorter and shorter...
(and of course there's Owen's silly face-he gets in EVERY PIC)
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/sillypic.jpg

JanUet
03-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Laika looks like she is ready for a game of Pat-a-cake!!!!!

Owen is such a cutie.....He has to get his sweet lil mug in every pic! :hearts:

lotsadox
03-25-2006, 11:49 AM
Laika is so cute! Miller sits up that same way and can sit there for the longest time! :hearts: There's always one camera hog in the family, but when it's a dachsie, no one cares because they're just too cute and should be in every pic! :banana:

Otto'sMom
03-25-2006, 11:54 AM
She looks like she's doing the 'slacker' version of meerkat. I love that "I'll be cute if I have to, but I won't put any effort into it. And Owen looks like he's blundered into the photo shoot. SO DANGED ADORABLE:hearts:

areese
03-25-2006, 12:05 PM
She looks like she's doing the 'slacker' version of meerkat. I love that "I'll be cute if I have to, but I won't put any effort into it. And Owen looks like he's blundered into the photo shoot. SO DANGED ADORABLE:hearts:
It just looks so strange. She looks like a little hunchback
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c396/scoutyreese/weirdsitting.jpg

K2
03-25-2006, 12:07 PM
:rotfl: That is quite a pose! She is a cutie~no matter how she sits!

oceangirls
03-25-2006, 12:23 PM
your dogs are so pretty. Black & tan heaven!! Not sure what Laika is doing; haven't seen that pose before! Angel does the meerkat version :)

Lisa
03-25-2006, 12:29 PM
That is so cute! Laika is stunning :muchlove: I love the way she sits, I have never seen that before. And Owen :hearts: :hearts: it seems he's a little poser like Pixel. Camera? My audience awaits!

Mama S.
03-25-2006, 07:32 PM
Can never get enuff of your guys no matter if they pose or just sneek by!!
Sandi

Laurie' s Dachshunds
03-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Too cute! That' s an original pose there! :rotfl:

Jill
03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
:rotfl: She looks so funny.

catstamm
03-26-2006, 12:19 PM
Amy.....my Hans use to sit like that :rotfl: Do you know that is totally genetic:shocked: Some doxie can do it and others never will, it can't be taught. Hans would sit like that for 10 mins at a time...I love it!

catstamm
03-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Here is my Hans "Hanzie" Hans went to the bridge on Nov 12, 2005....Han's is why I do Rescue, he watches over to make sure I'm doing it right :angel7: He passed from complications w/ Cushings Disease...so if anyone has questions on Cushings I learned a lot in 5 years. Hans was 15 yrs young :angel7: http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/IMG_1355.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/hanscopy.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/IMG_1688.jpg
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g268/catstamm/IMG_1672.jpg:AngelPray

Linus
03-26-2006, 12:51 PM
That's funny! She's just trying to sit like you!

areese
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Amy.....my Hans use to sit like that :rotfl: Do you know that is totally genetic:shocked: Some doxie can do it and others never will, it can't be taught. Hans would sit like that for 10 mins at a time...I love it!
She will sit like that for a LONG time...she's been doing it since she was little.
MY previous dog had Cushings...she wasn't a doxie but a cockerpoo mix-a bit larger dog about 30 pounds. She lived to be 16 (she was dignosed at age 11 or 12) I have a friend whose schnauzer has it but right now is doing very well-her medication is regulated and working so I'm thinking all should be fine. Is there anything she should watch out for?

catstamm
03-26-2006, 06:41 PM
Make she she watches when he goes potty, if the urine is clear (watery) and not yellow......especially if he is on Anipril ? or Lysidrone? they are very toxic to other organs , mainly Kidneys. Do you know that the life expectacy for a cushings dog is 4 to 5 yrs., w/ or w/o Meds? Hans was Diagnosed at 9.5 and lived to be 15. His last days were very sad....everything seems to go at once and the tumor grew and started causing siezures... the first siezure was on a friday evening and by sunday I told Hans I would make it w/o him and he had given me more love than any human could ask for....:angel7:

areese
03-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Thanks for the info. I believe Reba takes lysidrone. My Kerby took Anipryl.
Since Kerby was 11 or 12 at the time of her dx...we wouldn't have expected more than 4-5 years even without the cushings. And I don't believe that is what she died from. There was no sign of a tumor and we didn't go crazy with tests with her, just tried the meds and they worked well. She quit panting so much and drinking so much and her body shape changed-she had always been very round and full through the body with skinny legs :-) She actually just lived on very healthy after the dx (she was very sick initially with a bacterial infection-that is when they diagnosed cushings) aside from the usual old dog problems of arthritis, cataracts and loss of hearing. She just slowed down...became less and less active and gradually a bit distant...People kept telling me o you'll know when to let her go and I'd say NO I WON'T cuz I want her forever...but actually one day I knew it was right. It was like she had already left and the vet came to the house within a couple hours and put her to sleep in my arms. She was an angel always and I still miss her...but 16 wonderful years is more than many people get with their sweet dogs I know....
I think Reba (my friends dog) is 9 or 10. I hope she gets a good long time with her in good health like I did.
Now we are dealing with a geriatric pig...he'll be 15 in May and is just seeming awfully feeble lately. he has seizures and I worry about him being on that medication for so long...ti's been 5 years now I think.

Jen
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
That is the cutest pose. Tasha doesn't do it, which is ok, as she's had back trouble so it wouldn't be safe...But its sure cute to see other puppers do it!