PDA

View Full Version : Laser 101

Mama S.
11-28-2011, 11:31 AM
We are home from our treatment = Sam is in his crate glowering at me with a bully stick. What is a mom to do? Must say that I do love my vet! He doubled Sam's time on the laser since I can't afford the 6 treatment package plus gave him a shot and more pain killers at no charge:cheer3:

We are doubling his pain meds - smaller doses more often - thanks Lisa! He can't focus on getting well if he is fighting pain! We want a bit of pain so he stays still but not the trembling kill me eyes.

Told me that since he has bowel and bladder control plus is wagging his tail - he will be a success story - will just take time and patience. and valium. for me. So we go back in a week.

PLUS! I got a prescription for free yogurt at Chill yogurt (http://chillyogurt.com/) It is fab! You get a bowl - fill with whatever flavor combo you want add as many toppings as you want and pay by the ounce! My fav is tropical chill/raspberry sorbet with fresh coconut, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries!!! Brat does Rocky road with M&M's and hot marshmallow creme!!!

So - we maintain and keep plodding!

Lisa
11-28-2011, 11:36 AM
That vet = AWESOME!

Go Sam!! And I know he will be success story. Pain management during the first two weeks is crucial. Even with all the drugs Pixel was on, you could tell he was never really comfortable because of the pain (broke my heart). Glad the treatment was doubled. I hope I never have to go through IVDD again, but if I do, I would try the laser. I loved the acupuncture, but Pixel was not a big fan of it, and laser is a lot less invasive.

Hang in there Sandi.

The yogurt sounds yummy. :yumyum:

lotsadox
11-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Bowel and bladder control and wagging his tail is a great sign. My vet asked me about those things the first time I took Bogart in after his back episode and said that was a very good sign. It means the nerves are still connecting. :cheer3::cheer3:

Yogurt sounds yummy! :cheer3::cheer3:

Mama S.
11-28-2011, 02:12 PM
stroller on craigslist for $40 - brand new!!!!

lotsadox
11-28-2011, 03:07 PM
stroller on craigslist for $40 - brand new!!!!

:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: I got one for $40 from a catalog. But I still had to pay shipping. It's not a really good one, but it worked for Bogart.

LexieLuvr
11-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Great news! More :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:!!

oceangirls
11-28-2011, 09:35 PM
That's great news!

Your yogurt does sound awesome :yumyum: