PDA

View Full Version : Pepper's hurt

Red Haired Girl
12-03-2011, 11:16 PM
I got home from work at 7:45 this evening (other than Thanksgiving and Sunday's I have had 2 days off since October. Glad I have a job but 12 hour days are killers.) everyone ran to greet me but Pepper. I asked DH where she was and he said "Around here somewhere." That is an answer?! I called her and she didn't come so I began checking rooms. I found her huddled on a pillow in the bedroom. She wouldn't get up and she wouldn't raise her head to look at me. This is a dog whose whole world revolves around 1 thing - me. Something is very wrong.

I asked DH what happened he said she was fine when she ate but wanted to go to bed right after dinner. He wouldn't let her go to bed because it was too early. He suggested she was pouting. Not! (by this time I'm ready to cause him physical harm)

I brought her out to the living room and all she would do was sit and hold her head down. DH said she maybe needs a massage because "she was slow coming in from her walk." (Why didn't he tell me this when I asked what had been going on? Dammit!!)

I gave her a 1/4 Tramadol and a 1/4 Deramaxx then called the vet. He said the dosage was good and to keep her quiet and if she got worse or wasn't showing any improvement with the pain meds to call him back. I gave her the meds at 8:15. I checked her just a couple minutes ago. She lifted her head to look at me then moved to a different spot on the bed, both good signs. I'll leave her in the bed tonight, but if she is still bad in the morning her address is going to be Crateville, USA for the next few weeks.

DH is still alive - for now.

Tanya
12-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Many healing rayz for Pepper! I hope she is feeling better in the morning.

Two Red Smooth's
12-03-2011, 11:38 PM
:bigrayz: for Pepper and :hug99: to you :scratch: about the husband (I keep telling me I'm looking to upgrade as version 1.0 has some glitches).

oceangirls
12-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Well, CRAP :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:. Hopefully it is something minor.

Sorry about the DH :rolleyes:

lotsadox
12-04-2011, 12:57 AM
Sending healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Pepper.

As far as the DH goes, I'm married to a similar version. He once left Miller outside the gate, was eating dinner and hadn't noticed that he wasn't there. :wtf2: Version 2.0 has some serious glitches here,too.

Lisa
12-04-2011, 01:30 AM
Lots and lots of rayz. Please keep us posted. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

SaxLady
12-04-2011, 02:24 AM
I really hope Pepper will be fine. Sending mega:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for her and :hug99: to you.

areese
12-04-2011, 08:18 AM
many many many :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:
and :hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:
keep us posted!!

Alex's Mom
12-04-2011, 09:32 AM
keep us posted!!

:ditto::ditto:

alfina
12-04-2011, 10:20 AM
keep us posted!!

:ditto:

Rae
12-04-2011, 10:27 AM
Big rays for Pepper!!! As for Duwayne.... um... He's a man. His advice would have probably been "shake it off!" anyway.

Hang in there, SuperMom!!

Tex
12-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Big rays for Pepper (& for you patience in dealing with Dh)

lotsadox
12-04-2011, 11:16 AM
How's Pepper today?

Red Haired Girl
12-04-2011, 11:34 AM
We just rolled out of the rack. She seems fine. Almost. She can't reach her hind end to do what ever it is she wanted to do back there so I had to scratch it for her. She went out and potty'd, came in and ate and went back to bed.

I got her up at 10:00 last night to get a drink of water before I went to bed. She walked out to the living room and in her way told me what happened. She stopped and stared at Bailey's chair which is by a window. I asked DH if she had been on the chair. He said " Yeah. She tried to jump up on the back to look out the window and fell."

WTF!!! is wrong with him? Why do I have to pull teeth to get an answer? Tell me what happened and I'll deal - don't make me wonder if she has been poisoned or has a blockage. Tell me what happened! He is still alive but the clock is ticking.

Patrice is right. Version 2.0 is even more defective than Version 1.0. The user is so used to the glitches in 1.0 we put up with even more bad programming in Version 2.0 because we remember how hard it was to clean our system of version 1.0. Thank God version 3.0 is usually so outdated nobody wants to permanently install it and only uses the trial version until it expires.

lotsadox
12-04-2011, 11:58 AM
WTF!!! is wrong with him? Why do I have to pull teeth to get an answer? Tell me what happened and I'll deal - don't make me wonder if she has been poisoned or has a blockage. Tell me what happened! He is still alive but the clock is ticking.

Patrice is right. Version 2.0 is even more defective than Version 1.0. The user is so used to the glitches in 1.0 we put up with even more bad programming in Version 2.0 because we remember how hard it was to clean our system of version 1.0. Thank God version 3.0 is usually so outdated nobody wants to permanently install it and only uses the trial version until it expires.

Um, if you find out the answer to "Why do I have to pull teeth to get an answer?" let me know. I have to do the same thing.

Sorry, but the last paragraph totally made me laugh out loud. I so needed that.

oceangirls
12-04-2011, 01:34 PM
Oh good grief... MEN!!!

Glad you have figured out the likely answer to the mystery (with a little help from the dachshund) - more rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

LUVMYGUNNER
12-04-2011, 01:49 PM
I can't get as straight answer from hubby either..prayers and rays for your Pepper.:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Mama S.
12-04-2011, 04:50 PM
YIKESSSS. Pepper baby Mama is so bewy sorry that you are hurt:( I hope that maybe it is a simple muscle pull and you will be ok - (so does Sam who is angrily staring at me from his crate)

Took me 17 yrs but I finally figured out that 2.0 is no better either but I'm just too damned old to try for 3.0 so I'll deal or hide the body!!!!

:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

LexieLuvr
12-04-2011, 05:20 PM
Oh, geeze -- most versions have issues, IMO. Lots more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Pepper. Crating is of course the right thing to do and is mandatory - I'd do a vet check ASAP, if you can.:bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

Rae
12-04-2011, 10:09 PM
I have found that if a gal has ******* 1.0 and upgrades to Husband 1.0, if she has the RIGHT Husband 1.0, ******* 1.0 enables her to appreciate the minor glitches in Husband 1.0.

De-bugging ******* 1.0 is impossible because the version I had (BHS, Black Hearted Satan,) - not to be confused with VHS which beat out the BetaMax - comes with built in Trojan (pun intended) horses intended to devour the soul.

When selecting Husband 1.0, prior experience with ******* 1.0 improves the chances for proper selection of Husband 1.0, correct installation and confident re-booting when needed.

I have a really stable version of Husband 1.0, but... sometimes I find myself wanting to re-boot old school.... think Etch-a-Sketch.

poor Duwayne.

Continued :bigrayz: for Pepper.

stampendoxie
12-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Praying that Pepper is feelling better :bigrayz: and :hug99: for you!

RustysMom
12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Im sorry I missed this. many :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: