PDA

View Full Version : Rays for Rusty.

RustysMom
01-22-2012, 10:35 PM
First thing in the morning I'm making an appointment for Rusty. He can't move his neck too much. He won't move it to look around or look up and cant shake like you know they do when they get up, wake up. He's yelped a few too many. He's fine elsewhere, walking, eating, drinking, going outside. Hopefully I can get in tomorrow!

Will you all please spare some rays for my baby boy? :-(

Thank you!!!

Frankie'sMom
01-22-2012, 10:44 PM
Many :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Rusty. Hopefully it is just muscle soreness or a stiff neck. I know you are worried. :hug99: Please keep us posted.

stampendoxie
01-23-2012, 01:49 AM
Sending many :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Rusty and :hug99:for you.

Red Haired Girl
01-23-2012, 06:41 AM
:bigrayz::bigrayz: I hope you can get him in. Do you think he should be crated or he is not to that point? :bigrayz:

Lisa
01-23-2012, 07:19 AM
Hi Ang, he needs to get in today for an exam and meds for the pain (if not your vet, another vet). He also needs crate rest. He could have twisted wrong, but it can also be a lot more serious.

Get well Rusty! :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

:crossfin: it is just a sore muscle!

areese
01-23-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi Ang, he needs to get in today for an exam and meds for the pain (if not your vet, another vet). He also needs crate rest. He could have twisted wrong, but it can also be a lot more serious.

:ditto::ditto::ditto:
and a gazillion :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: Keep us posted!!!!!!!!!
:hug99:

Tex
01-23-2012, 09:23 AM

Another ditto here! Adding more Rays for Rusty!!!

Joyelle
01-23-2012, 10:14 AM
Sending tonnes & tonnes of rayz for Rusty.

lotsadox
01-23-2012, 10:22 AM

That's just what I was thinking. Sending :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

RustysMom
01-23-2012, 10:38 AM
He has an appointment at 4 today. I will update then! Thank you everyone! :hug99:

AgileOllie
01-23-2012, 10:44 AM
I hope he feels better soon!

Rae
01-23-2012, 11:27 AM
wayz for Wusty!

Ivan
01-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Yikes! Sending lotsa healthy rayz for Rusty. :bigrayz::bigrayz: Sore neck sounds very familiar. Hope it turns out to be just sore muscles, or that crate rest fixes it. :crossfin:

AmyinFL
01-23-2012, 01:11 PM
Hope it is nothing serious! Feel better soon Rusty!!

oceangirls
01-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Sending lots of rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:.

Another possibility is an ear infection - that happened to my Tristan once and he wouldn't move his neck or turn his head (no obvious signs of ear infection, as it was in the middle ear).

RustysMom
01-23-2012, 03:01 PM
Sending lots of rayz :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:.

Another possibility is an ear infection - that happened to my Tristan once and he wouldn't move his neck or turn his head (no obvious signs of ear infection, as it was in the middle ear).

I didnt think about that! an ear infection. Hmmm.... We will see! I'll cross my fingers its something like that, not majorly seriouse like IVDD!

Alex's Mom
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :crossfin::crossfin: that it's nothing serious!!! :hug99::hug99:

RustysMom
01-23-2012, 05:53 PM
We're back! Rusty was sent home with some anti-inflamitory meds but of course! He didn't display any problems with his neck when she checked him out. She said it could have been a pinched nerve. Thank you everyone for thinking of Rusty today!

stampendoxie
01-23-2012, 06:08 PM
So glad he is better today! Here are :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:that he con't this way.

Lisa
01-23-2012, 06:52 PM
That is totally what I was hoping for. WOOT. He might have just slept wrong. Glad he is going to be okay.

lotsadox
01-23-2012, 07:22 PM
:cheer3::cheer3: I'm so glad it's nothing serious :cheer3::cheer3:

Ivan
01-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Yipedeeedooodah! That is awesome news.:cheer3:

LexieLuvr
01-23-2012, 08:51 PM
LOVE that diagnosis - certainly hoping that's all it is!!! More get-well :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz:

SaxLady
01-25-2012, 12:12 AM
Mega healing :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: for Rusty.

Alex's Mom
01-25-2012, 09:42 AM
SO relieved it's nothing too serious. Tons of :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: and :hug99::hug99::hug99: coming at you guys!!

RustysMom
01-25-2012, 09:48 AM
an update...

Nothing has really changed. Rusty still yelps when he moves his neck around & he's just not himself, a bit more lazy, probably because he doesnt want to move his neck?. The morning of his vet app thats how he was, why we were taking him. When I went to take him he was excited for the leash and going in the car and so when we got there, it was like nothing was wrong with him so she really didnt check him out because he wasnt displaying any neck issues. Come home and hes back to yelping and being lazy. I have the anti - inflammitory to give to him so hopefully he will be himself in no time.

Lisa
01-25-2012, 10:06 AM
It is the yelping that has me concerned. He is obviously in pain. I am not convinced it is IVDD, but I still feel he might need something to control the pain as well (such as Tramodol).

IVDD or not, crate rest, anti-inflammatory (along with a stomach protector) and a pain med, and of course TIME should get him on the path to recovery. :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz: :bigrayz:

Alex's Mom
01-25-2012, 10:08 AM
You know, Angela, I'd maybe crate him just to be on the safe side. If he isn't showing a big difference by tomorrow, I'd take him back. Those anti-inflammatories work pretty quickly.

Isn't it annoying when they act like there's nothing wrong when you get to the clinic? :rolleyes: Been there!!! :hug99::hug99: and a few more :bigrayz::bigrayz::bigrayz: just in case!

Mama S.
01-25-2012, 11:10 PM
holy hell where have I been> glad it was no worse - :bigrayz::bigrayz:that we get the wtf and move forward!!!!:hug99::hug99:

Lisa
01-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Any improvement this morning?

RustysMom
01-26-2012, 09:38 AM
Last night he was back to his old self! and the same this morning. its so weird. I just want to know whats bothering him.

lotsadox
01-26-2012, 10:17 AM
I don't blame you. I'd want to know what the problem was, too. Hopefully, the anti-inflammatories have gotten the swelling down so that he's not hurting anymore. I agree with crate rest and meds are a good idea. Can't hurt!