PDA

View Full Version : Question/ Comments

Mama S.
02-01-2012, 02:28 PM
Question first - Sam's back now seems to be "humped" about 4 inches above his tail. He lays flat when he sleeps and he is walking with no problem but that hump is OFF??? Will have to get a picture to show you. Is this normal?

Comments: - He is a turd. I am sitting at table trying to grab a bite of dinner. He is in his crate. "Feel" someone staring at me - look over and the turd is sitting up on his hind end - I FREAKED OUT flew across the room hollering at him to stop doing that. He gives me the dang Mom all I was doing was asking for a bite!!! As my brudder would say - you need to chillax.

Scooby - is hysterical! He is doing great but instead of running, he hops really quickly with both back feet together, then he leeeeaaaannnnnsssss over and pees on my shoe.

Doc says both are fabulous - will be fine. Keep them from ........ yea right THEY ARE DACHSHUNDS. You stop em!

We dodged a bullet!!! or two!!

Lisa
02-01-2012, 02:39 PM
YAY. Happy update.

Back hunch. Yes. Normal. Pixel had his for about 3 months. He still hunches a bit until he gets going then he kind of flattens out.

Turding. Yes. Normal. Pixel and Pogo both do zoomies, and Pixel likes to add a little spin drift to the end of his, just to keep my heart beating in overdrive.

:cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3: :cheer3:

areese
02-01-2012, 02:57 PM
Normal normal and normal :)
Laika never got the back bump thing but I read on dodger's list about it all the time.

Ivan
02-01-2012, 03:03 PM
Sandi, that's awesome news about Sam feeling better.

Back hunch. Yes. Normal. Pixel had his for about 3 months.

So it's normal? Whew! I was worried about the new hump. OK, I'll wait.

areese
02-01-2012, 03:08 PM
http://www.dodgerslist.com/neurocorner2/hump.htm

BTW, this column of Q and A is co-written by Laika's surgeon :) Dr. Galle.

Tex
02-01-2012, 03:34 PM
:cheer3::cheer3::cheer3:Yay for a good update!!!!!

Sorry about the being a turd part....but yeah, all that sounds normal. Turdness included. :)

Yolanda
02-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Doc says both are fabulous - will be fine. Keep them from ........ yea right THEY ARE DACHSHUNDS. You stop em!

We dodged a bullet!!! or two!!

Listen to your Doc he is right on all counts they are doing fabulous and will be fine. :cheer3::cheer3:

A hunched back is normally especially in the first few months (ask Ivan).
Peeing on Moms feet is a dachshund thing.
The Bunny Jump as I call it is also normal in a lot of dogs.

Chill Dear all is well, they are walking, peeing and pooping.:rotfl::rotfl:

Mama S.
02-01-2012, 04:22 PM
http://www.dodgerslist.com/neurocorner2/hump.htm

BTW, this column of Q and A is co-written by Laika's surgeon :) Dr. Galle.

Perfect article! Thanks Amy!!

lotsadox
02-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Amanda had the back hump and the bunny hop for the rest of her life. The hump became less, but she always had the hop. Bogart and Bandit had the back hump at first, but it went away as did the bunny hop.

They sound like they're doing fine :cheer3:

LexieLuvr
02-01-2012, 08:14 PM
Jack's hump comes and goes, and he occasionally does the bunny hop, but yes, that's all normal and all is well!! :cheer3::cheer3::cheer3: